ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut top mount

Just had car lowered tonight on Apex 40mm drop springs. My mate fitted them but told me both strut top mounts are on their last legs. Any idea of price and which to buy as i need them asap by the looks of it. have a 172 51 plate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
how do you know if tthey are gone? my car makes a clunk when coming to a stand still, sounds driver side

my mate told me they were knackered mate. I have known something was wrong in that department for a while cos always creeks bad when i turn out of my drive or anywhere on full lock at slow speeds. Don't know if it directly affects steering/handling but that has hasn't felt 100% for a while. Feels loose going around corners, might just be me in my mind tho.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well we did get the bar out to it the other week and they 'seemed' ok, no excessive play, but i thought it might be bottom arm related.... but as i said only happens whilst stopping and applying a bit of of lock at the same time..... it never happens whilst taking up drive, or whilst going along?!

weird

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i priced these at ren dealer they are £62each thats with the kit or around £45 for just the top mount

172 cup'd extreme
jon 172 said:
i priced these at ren dealer they are £62each thats with the kit or around £45 for just the top mount

£62 For a kit you must have an expensive dealer , just bought a set £42 each for the kit . I have been unable to obtain any of the parts from an oem supplier only REN

B

Brown.

can we have picks of the busted strut top...i just fitted apex's to mine recenlty....n they looked a little erm 'dirty' lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
16v_jon said:
£62 For a kit you must have an expensive dealer , just bought a set £42 each for the kit . I have been unable to obtain any of the parts from an oem supplier only REN
i must av mate they told me to cough up £25 +vat for a bonnet release cable