ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stubby aerial or full length?!

Clio182
The aerial on my Clio appears to be disintegrating from the base up and so begins my search for a replacement. RPD will sell me a genuine part for about £20 or there are aftermarket options available. One of those is the short “stubby” type:

Do these do the job?

182 clio
The aerial on my Clio appears to be disintegrating from the base up and so begins my search for a replacement. RPD will sell me a genuine part for about £20 or there are aftermarket options available. One of those is the short “stubby” type:

Do these do the job?
Short one on mines is fine

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just that mine is really tight didn’t want to put to much force on it

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've got a shorter aerial and find AM radio signal nonexistent now.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Every car I've owned with a non-standard aerial has suffered from terrible radio reception. I don't know if it's where I live, but standard all the way.

Clio 172 Cup
I had a stubby on the car when I got it and when I took it off it ruined the base was basically corroded on so got a complete unit from Renault and is so much better now

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I fitted an OEM VW Polo (i think) one, it's around 9" and works great.

Looks like this:
31YFpwgOdFL._AC_.jpg

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Just cleaned the car and tried the one I ordered and it works fine on the drive. I’ll check it out later driving around. It’s much smaller than I envisaged.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Stubby didnt work well for me so ditched it after 5 mins
Still got it if anyones looking for one. Its a OEM VW one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191029-222522_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191029-222522_eBay.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 145
  Clio182
I bought a stubby aerial from eBay and the reception is not good. Perhaps the particular one I have isn’t as good as some others. I think I’ll be going back to original......

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Random one from ebay, signal isnt as good as original (keep it in the boot as it takes 2secs to swap over), but I only really listen to Radio 1 or bluetooth.

8032B431-8B52-4A4D-BBB5-15ABBFEF025D.jpeg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

I leave that on the radio when I leave my dog at home as it’s so boring that it sends it to sleep!

JayD

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 (ph2)
Avoid the stubby ones that are about 5 inches long. I even used to lose reception with Radio 1 on the M42 and that has the strongest signal of all stations around here! No issues with a non-Renault standard length one off eBay though.

182 clio
Avoid the stubby ones that are about 5 inches long. I even used to lose reception with Radio 1 on the M42 and that has the strongest signal of all stations around here! No issues with a non-Renault standard length one off eBay though.

That's what she said 🤣