ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck on Quake 4 - not seeing the wood for the trees!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can you guys point out where I need to go? I've just completed the bit where you team-up with the guy who blows up the Strogg air-base and now I'm onto the anti-aircraft cannon bit. Apparently, I'm supposed to find a way to unlock the door near the base of the turret, but I don't know where to go?

I found this tunnel nearby, but I can't seem to get over the crates. It doesn't let me jump over them without hitting the ceiling of the tunnel. Is this the right way to go in the first place?

Quake4-2.gif

Cheers,

D.

Monaro VXR
Whats the autosave of the level called and i'll have a look i cant remember where to go without going back and playing through it again.

I seem to remember getting stuck at quite a similar location. I dont have the game installed right now though. Pretty sure I went UP? Maybe on some boxes and up into the ceiling? I could just be imagining that though.

lol i just did this like an hr ago and cant remember it! Is it the bit where ur outside and you have a team with you and they tell you to find a way to open the door? If its that to the right of the door there is some boxes, jump up them and there is a hole in the roof at the other side of the door.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
just after you start the level iirc? i think i went outside, by going along the long corridor? i cant remember too well as i thought it was a really crap game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cyberblob said:
lol i just did this like an hr ago and cant remember it! Is it the bit where ur outside and you have a team with you and they tell you to find a way to open the door? If its that to the right of the door there is some boxes, jump up them and there is a hole in the roof at the other side of the door.

Yep - that's the one, m8! I spotted those boxes to the right, but did nothing with them. I'm out all day tomorrow, but I'll defo give that a try on Monday!

Cheers for the responses guys - it's like having our own CS Gaming FAQ! ;)

D.

Roy Munson said:
I seem to remember getting stuck at quite a similar location. I dont have the game installed right now though. Pretty sure I went UP? Maybe on some boxes and up into the ceiling? I could just be imagining that though.

:S

;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ - ok, ok, you were almost right. You actually fall through the ceiling! :rasp:

Just got to the bit where I'm about to blow the EMP bomb under the nexus hub. Quite a good game really. There could be more variation with the enemies and the scenery and the vehicle bits are a bit weak, but its a good, mindless FPS game, all the same.

D.

Yeah it's better than it should be. A definite case of a game being greater than the sum of it's parts :)

Prey makes far better use of the engine though.

Yeah its not a bad game, thought it was a bit s**t at 1st but liking it more now. Played it for about 3hours solid yesterday as there was nothing else to do lol.

Full Fat 182
Another good one for a 15min blast online too, tho im all over FEAR Combat at the minute, tactically its so much better than most FPS's that i've played over the years, Team DM is awesome if anyone fancies a blast tonight?...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What do you do at the Nexus, guys? I'm in that room with 4 pillars and that dude that keeps recharging himself with that thing in the ceiling of the room.....

Cheers,
D.

Not sure if its the right 1 but every big enemy i have come across u just blast them till they die (except 1). Hide behind the post when he fires the grenades and them things that bounce off the walls. Screenshot will help if its not the right dude.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think it has something to do with the four pillars though. I'm going to blast the crap out of one of them first and see if it gets destroyed. I can evade the big geezah for ages so I'll literally be ammo-less by the time I finish.

D.

hmm cant seem to remember doing that. Ive defo done the nexus levels though unless there are more later on in the game :S

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cyber - looks like you haven't gone all the way then m8.... ;)

Wozzaa - I haven't tried killing the head honcho twice - I kind of ignored him after he came back to life, thinking that I then had to do something different.

On a seperate note, have you installed Doom 3 on XP64? The InstallShield biatches about the lack of Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Tried running it in compatibility mode - no-go. I think it's time to edit the .msi file as there should be an entry in there that checks the version of the O/S. Hopefully it will run fine without this line?

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going to switch to Doom 3 myself. Didn't have the hardware before to run it properly. Should be ok, assuming I manage to get it installed (see above!). Like Quake, I'd played and completed all the previous versions of Doom, so I guess it's just natural progression!

D.

Doom3 is similar to Q4 but think I enjoyed D3 better. Darker game though so get that gamma turned up ;) lol