ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud and nut conversion, standard wheels.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Good morning all,
Just after abit of gen from those in the know.
I'm looking to purchase a stud and nut kit for the 182. It currently runs standard alloys with no spacers. Will the standard centre caps still fit over the new stud kit?
I don't mind not having the centres on my track wheels but I'd like to keep it standard looking with the day to day wheels on.

Thanks in advance.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
No chance, they stick out on most wheels even with spacers.

You'd need some really short studs.
Ah damm it, I'm glad I asked now.
Though I still need them so I suppose I'll just have to live with it unless anyone has ordered a shorter set?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
On my Clio I run studs and with standard 182 wheels I was able to just fit the covers on.
I also use the same studs to run 20mm spacers and ET43 2118S.
Can't remember the length, it's on my thread I think

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
24260897177_74df1cbd18_z-jpg.jpg

This is the Pure Motorsport stud kit on standard wheels, for reference.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Thank you very much for your replies, it's very helpful. I was only buying them for ease if I'm honest. I'm planning on doing my first ever track day sometime soon so I've bought some Renault 19 15 inch alloys and some used r888 as didn't want to scrub up the daily uniroyals. Thought it would make it easier when changing the wheels at the track.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Food for thought then. Might just save the eighty odd quid and put it towards the inevitable brembo upgrade lol