ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid idea but....

BMW 320d Sport

LOL yeah it would definitely fit. AS long as you dont need to close the bonnet or actually drive the wheels.

but seriously, you can fit almost anything in anything given the cash and knowhow, there was a 4wd cossie engined triumph dolomite at castle coombe and there are lots of conversions done to all different cars all the time but if it will require cutting of the bulkhead etc to fit it will be very very costly and for engine conversions you really need someone whos knows their stuff to do it.

I read somewhere when someone wanted to put a 21 engine in a renault 19 that you couldnt do it because the engine sits sideways, anyone know if this is true ??

they fit.

Yes it was mounted longituadally but its not exactly hard to turn an engine 90 degrees so its transverse.

I miss my old 21, not a bad car for a 12 year to have his first crash in eh! Ah the early 90s those were the days.

VW Potato

21 is FWD, bar the Quadras

The engine, depending in the model/engine size, is either longitudally mounted, or transverse mounted.

I think (but I may be wrong) that on either the NS or EW engined cars, the wheel base is an inch shorter, too (but that might be me getting muddled with another car).

g

no 21 turbo or 2 litre 21 had a transverse engine.

The only tranverse engines were the diesels and the 1.7s.

The rest were all longitudal and used a transaxle.

And yes the wheel base was a coupel of inches shorter on the transverse models.