ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub £150 HU sub and amp that will work with steering stalk

ph1 172 Black
Hi

After finding out standard HU has no pre outs for an amp I'm gonna have to buy one. I want something standard looking as I don't want it half inching.

I'm looking to buy a sub and amp and only have £150 so second might have to be the way to go (fleabay) any suggestions on a setup. I've already got some infinity speakers so just sub and hu.

Like look of USB but is out of my price range. Like the rear usb idea (seen someone thread a lead to glove box for usb stick.)

Alternatively I could get HU and fit 16.5cm speakers in doors.

Ta

172 cup
also autoleads do a speaker wire to phono convertor that you splice into the rear speaker feeds and gives you a phono output for an amp.

ph1 172 Black
Hi Elmo

I thought it would sound gash if I did it with the rear speakers to subs. A lot of people seem to say so. If it sounds ok I'd be up for it. Would I be able to run front speakers of same amp and just forget bout the rears.

Oh and I haven't paid my membership so can't access ur sales?!?!

172 cup
No not if it is done properly, ask joebristolgym, he wired his sub like that in his 182. so what are you wanting to do?
Keep your existing hu and upgrade the front speakers but keep them running off the hu and add a sub and amp?
or run front speaker off of an amp?

ph1 172 Black
Er well I've got some Inifinity speakers in front but standard HU don't do them justice. I think they would be loud enough with bass turned down but I want some bass.

So really I need a SUB and AMP. I suppose I could get a SUB and 4 channel amp and power front two speakers off two channels and sub off other two.

172 cup
To do that you would have to buy a new hu with pre outs for both the fronts and the sub otherwise the sound will be awful. To be honest if you are on a tight budget i would do what you first said and just buy and 2 channel amp and either one or two subs. Then you can cut the bass to the fronts and let your subs deal with that. Did you get my pm of my adverts?

ph1 172 Black
Yeah I thought I would be asking to much from standard HU.

Just checked ur PM. So would that amp do the trick with standard HU. Has it got high level inputs or will I have to buy high-low convertors?

Oh and thanks for your help too!