ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub box + subs

Fiesta Zetec S
Does anyone have the dimentions for making the flush fit box inside the boot?

and also what people rekon

Pioneer TS-W3004SPL vs ALPINE-SWR-1222D ?

and should i strech for a 2 x ALPINE-SWR-1222D instead?

Setup :
Alpine CDA-9853R
ALPINE-SPR-17S (front/back)
Alpine MRD-M1005 amp
and a MRP-F545

Last edited:
any particular reason why just them two?although out of them i would have the alpine,no point in a second sub unless your going to up the power

Fiesta Zetec S
i know lol , my main question are what are the dimentions for making the flush fit rear boox sub box for 12 " ?

Polo + Micra
ALPINE-SWR-1242D (the dual 4-ohm one)

just need to be gentle with the gain on the amp lol as you probably will be pushing out about 750wRMS @ 2 ohms

"Navy" N17 TWO
well i like the sound of 1000watt rms :p

please remember that these figures are never correct!

please remember that these figures are never correct!

RMS figures usually are from top manufacturers.

^^ I was going to go for that Alpine sub - sound-offs have shown that a 400watt RMS (800watt peak) sub will rip the pants off the Alpine. (Sound-off was carried out by people who are a main distributor of both Alpine & Focal)

Since I'm opting for SQ instead of SPL (when i get it set up) I went for the Focal - don't forget quality of the product ;)

Fiesta Zetec S
well i am looking for sq realy i dont know the technical terms that well but i want to build a good system and later ill be adding monitors dvd player and ps2 so as a result of this what Sub would you recomend for good sq but with enought bass to persue my ego :p

"Navy" N17 TWO
Go for a good set of 17cm components in the front and 13cm coaxils in the rear :)

Amp the front-end and use the mono to run the sub - sweet sounds all the way!

Fiesta Zetec S
well you see im not using the normal rear speaker pods im making these in the pic below, (withought the super bright colours) so i do wish to to use these amps unless some some one can reccormend better products for the same or less money.

Im mainly looking to be able to push the volume high enought so that i have to turn it down to save my ears, while maintaining a sweet SQ im not looking for flat out profetional kit but i would like to start looking into car sterios in a bit more detail.

what 17 cm components do you guys recoremend?

what outher subs would you guys recomend for £200 max? ,as the 2 alpines come with the amp for £280 saving me a nice lot and it let me buy 2 more expencive subs. i chose the pioneer sub because its spec looked good for the price and fit my buget perfictly :cool:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9207&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1151514889

Fiesta Zetec S
the rear plasic pannels are being remade in fibreglass to fit 6 1/2 's in

im looking for 1/2 subs and amp for £280

and what compnents 6 1/2's (front and back) budget £200

"Navy" N17 TWO
Wouldn't put comps (components) in the rear mate - getting the tweeters in the correct position for best SQ in the front-end alone has many variations.

Putting another set of comps somewere in the rear will make the setup more complex and "busy"
Too much going on if you get me?

Typical setup for competing
Comps for front
Coaxils for rear
Amps for comps & sub :)