ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub removal question

Hi guys, whats the best way to remove the sub for a weekend, but leaving all the wiring in place?

Can you put some tape over the live wires?

Are the wires live if the HU isnt turned on?

Help needed please :S

Matt

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just the sub? Or the amp aswell?

If its just the sub, its just a couple of speaker wires, a bit of tape on the end's and it'll be fine.

If its the amp, you can get away with taping them all up, seperately I must add. It'll be totally fine, the only wire of any concern is the battery one, and as long as you tape that up properly, or just disconnect it at the battery end, it'll be totally fine too.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I'm no electrician so don't take my word for it, but i take mine out quite offten and all i do is remove the fuse from the power cable and wedge the wires out the way somewhere & nothing has caught fire yet lol

Obviously theres no harm in taping up the wires if you're worried

Do you have a fuse on the main power cable from the battery? Just remove that.

Else, tape the sub wires up if the amp will remain live

Clio 182 Cup FF
if you take the fuse out the power lead then there wont be anything live apart from remote lead. You can just take up the ends so no wires showing if you cant get to the fuse easily

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Yes the amp has a fuse, but you want to be taking the fuse out of the power wire that runs from the battery to your boot - usually in the engine bay.

Suzuki Ignis
Just take the live lead off the battery, tape it to something so it aint floppin about.