ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subframe removal

500bhp Scoob
Am trying to remove my subframe at the moment on my mk1, and am unable to free up the bolts that are at the back of the subframe.
I've tried using a long breaker bar, caking them in wd40 overnight.

I can understand that a bolt that hasnt been touched in 13 years is going to be a bit of a struggle, but this is taking the piss lol, the front ones free'd up quite nicely...

Anyone got any ideas on how I can free them up easily, my dad mentioned about buying one of these impact wrenches you can buy that connect to a 12v battery or buying a cordless one (unfortunately i don't have an air compressor otherwise i'd use air tools)

Cheers

172 cup'd extreme
an impact wrench air or electric wont give you the power of a breaker bar.
what you need is a breaker bar with a pipe on the end same when i removed the sub frame on my grans car few months back

172 cup'd extreme
poor old girls got bad arthritis so it retrofitted power steering in to her pug 106 , she is back to racing driver status now