ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subframes - any differences

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just wondered of there are any differences in subframes on mk2 clios - 172 , 172 cup , 182 , 182 cup etc etc.

Are they all the same?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
i am almost certain they are all the same with the exception of the 172 cup subframe.

Saying that they are all interchangeble with zero issues, only difference is very slight. The 172 cup subframe has the mounting holes for the bottom arm slightly further out

They are all the same, the only one that is different is a phase 1 subframe, every other subframe has the holes drilled further out than the phase 1 subframe.

I have had a pile of 7 subframes at one time, all from various sport models
172 cup
182 cup/cup packed
172 phase 1

The only one that is different is the phase 1 subframe, this is also backed up by part numbers and my own eyes.

PH2 172
They are all the same, the only one that is different is a phase 1 subframe, every other subframe has the holes drilled further out than the phase 1 subframe.

I have had a pile of 7 subframes at one time, all from various sport models
172 cup
182 cup/cup packed
172 phase 1

The only one that is different is the phase 1 subframe, this is also backed up by part numbers and my own eyes.
172 PHASE 1 8200 195 989
All PHASE2 8200 107 153

Its also worth noting that it wasn't just those 7, Steve.M came to mine in the summer when i had a different set of 3 and they were all the same to, I buy all of Garys (Littlehampton breaker) and all of Steves (Worthing) and any others that are local to me so unless the 30+ ive bought this year had all been changed so they matched im happy to say that all ph2 sport subframes are the same.