ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer Cuts Out

Evo 8 MR
This is really weird and has only started happening the last couple of days. Hopefully someone in the know has experienced this before.

Basically the sub just cuts out after about 60 seconds of turning the headunit on, I've not timed it exactly but it is around that long. Once it cuts out I can't seem to get it to come back on until the next time I'm in the car.

The light on the back is still on even when it's not working, I've checked the wires and there doesn't seem to be any obvious damage to any of them and the earth is securely fixed to the bottom seatbelt bolt. The positive is also securely fixed onto the battery terminal.

I'm not sure what the issue could be as I've had it since November 2010 and it's worked fine until now, could it be the amp playing up as it's a cheapo unit? It's an underseat subwoofer with a built in amp its the
Ground Zero TB200ACT which I bought on ebay.

I never try to play it too loud so I don't think I've overheated it or anything like that, it's difficult to fiddle with it too with the weather being as it is atm.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I would say earth normally, but if it's securely connected and paint has been chipped away as above, I would guess its the amp. Possibly overheating. See if you can borrow a friend's amp/buy a super cheap one from eBay to test the cables and see how that runs maybe.

Evo 8 MR
I've swapped the earth over to a new location and it's still playing up, I tested it just with the car stationary and it still cut out after a short while, must be a dodgy amp then I guess?

I can't see it being the wiring as it cut out for the first time on Monday whilst on a long journey so I've not moved or changed anything it just decided to play up on it's own.

I think I'll get a new sub, preferably a better branded one.