ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer Detail (Part 1) (56k Na)

Flame Red Delight
Before anyone hates, this is going to be a detailing thread, i will be doing the full works on the car. I am waiting for some products to come through the post before i can finish the bodywork.

Well thought i would give my car some love since it was coming into the season for good weather and sunshine (not seen it yet right enough), but i always like to keep a clean car during summer and like to have it looking immaculate.

This process is what i use for all cars that i valet/enhancement detail, and i find it gives me very good results. Although i do normally fit it into one day (got a bit handy with the camera)

As always i am open to constructive criticism and any recommendations for products that would my life easier would be appreciarted.

First Stage

The first stage when valeting any car is always to do the arches and wheels IMO as when cleaning these it can usually dig up dirt etc that can end up on the bodywork. So this is the car before i have done anything to it, hasnt been cleaned in a good few weeks and the bird crap was just there today so not to worry it was cleaned off asap. The products used during this phase were:
Brit wheel cleaning gel (cannot recommend it enough and Gally will agree)
A selection of wheel brushes and a microfiber Kent washmitt that i specifically use only for wheels
In the arches i used Daisy APC which can be bought from any supermarket, great stuff and works well IMO
Before pic:
5715978067_597797c52c.png

DSC_2680 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5715981889_70c3ab431e.png

DSC_2682 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
During/After:

5716549434_23147f3171.png

DSC_2684 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5715986639_3ab54f4dce.png

DSC_2685 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5715988755_58cda03ee9.png

DSC_2686 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Stage 2
The next stage after the wheels have been throughly rinsed and washed and the arches have been cleaned and rinsed is to clean the bootshuts and door shuts etc. For this i again used my APC and a selection of soft brushes (as to not scrape or scratch the paint) Once this process is done i also ensure to spray water in these areas to ensure that all product has been removed and where possible use another washmitt i have.

Before:
5715992417_d16016a315.png

DSC_2688 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5715994403_f3228cc521.png

DSC_2689 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716560288_6370620801.png

DSC_2690 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5715999571_0be77fe05f.png

DSC_2692 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

After:
5716573772_8f6a6cfccc.png

DSC_2698 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716006629_114f448eb2.png

DSC_2696 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Stage 3
This is then to snow foam, Product i used was my some valet pro PH neutral i didnt realise i still had in my garage, so i used this quite thick unsure exactly of dilution but due to me going to be waxing again sure i wasnt all that bothered. I ensured that whilst snow foaming i re-done the wheels and re-done the arches to ensure that all dirt had been removed. Snow foam was left to drip off but made sure that it did not dry this was imperative!

During:
Ditch finder tyres i know lol
5716580566_871ecaa664.png

DSC_2702 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716014839_7c44c3ecd5.png

DSC_2701 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716577028_4d6b15fd7e.png

DSC_2700 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716011389_7ed0f3228a.png

DSC_2699 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Afterwards, removed alot of the dust and grime, by this stage i still havent touched the paintwork of the car, i pressure washed the snow foam off to try and remove as much dirt as possible, this can be repeated if the car is particularly dirty:
5716582102_e2d2c10f06.png

DSC_2704 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716583862_9f74897cc3.png

DSC_2705 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Stage 4:
Now onto my favourite part and my favourite product cannot recommend this shampoo enough, i used the 2 bucket method with both bucket with grit guards to ensure there was no marring etc at all. Working from the top downwards and i also leave the bottom of the doors untill last and use clean and fresh water to do these, used my super soft sheepkin mitt, The shampoo is brilliant and dilutes to 1.4000 lol:
5716024683_71f29899a6.png

DSC_2708 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716591986_ae1b3904fe.png

DSC_2710 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

This is my mitt that i used for the arches, be especially careful to ensure that you get right in behind the lip in the rear arches, as this is a common area for clios to build up dirt which eventually in not watched carefully will rust. I then pressue washed again and pressure washed the inside of the arches (be very careful and dont go too close)
5716026429_de6819e035.png

DSC_2709 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

After and i have also used the Chemical guys used plush drying towel (again using the patt down method, cannot recommend the towel enough) i also have another specific wheel towel that i use to dry the wheels, look at the gloss that the shampoo gives just by cleaning the car its brilliant stuff and the bottle lasts forever due to dilution rate(no i dont work for chemical guys lol)

5716593504_647848afeb.png

DSC_2711 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716595394_162d61887d.png

DSC_2712 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716596936_d45ce6a955.png

DSC_2713 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716600020_34029fe023.png

DSC_2715 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Stage 4

I understand why people will ask me why i done this stage before i machine polish and this is purely because i am addicted to trim black stuff, i dont do this when the car is done in one day just to clarify. I just dont like running about in a car with no tyre black or trim black on, product i used was chemical guys again wet look trim gel, very easy to use and i also use it on my tyres, just apply and then wipe down with a microfiber and you receive these results, i will be getting some C4 soon:

5716038783_a91e99673b.png

DSC_2717 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716040307_f892551f8c.png

DSC_2718 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716041879_0fed457d97.png

DSC_2719 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716043675_086c6363f5.png

DSC_2720 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716047235_b3ac83ac24.png

DSC_2722 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

Finally a couple of refection shots, the polishing waxing and glazing will be in part 2, these are purely refections from the stages i done today, no waxes etc applied.

5716049879_f1edd203d5.png

DSC_2724 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716051579_c3ca0f27e2.png

DSC_2725 by Cal.wat, on Flickr
5716058313_2cac0a8141.png

DSC_2729 by Cal.wat, on Flickr

I hope this helps someone out and shows people the sort of detail i go into when valeting there car for them, i did also dress the arches but unfortunately the pics didnt really work out well but this was done using the same trim gel. The next thread will follow next week sometime. Hope i dont get too much hate for the amount of detail i went into.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely work mate. Looking forward to part 2.

The reflections pre-polishing are fantastic mate.

Our AS stuff will be here Tuesday.

Flame Red Delight
That Citrus wash and gloss stuff is tremendous seriously i cant recommend it enough. Sweet mate let me know and i will come and get you the money, im going down the lime prime route like you said :)

Flame Red Delight
i am not entirely sure how it works really mate im sure gally will be able to tell you , i think the shampoo has some gloss enhancement built into it, its great stuff and it doesnt contain any fillers etc just makes it look more glossy

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah no wax mate just gloss enhancers/emusilfiers.

I've seen a few pictures after using this shampoo and it's very impressive. I'd consider it if I didn't have half a bottle of btbm left!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice read and a good job.

Just out of curiosity. Does the domain in your 'Car' section need a '-' in as i couldnt find yours, but found one similar.

Sam!

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Good work!! Might have to see you about getting the RB done!

Flame Red Delight
Looked awesome. Needs a OCD plate though ;)
Yea would love an OCD plate :)

Postage would rape me, lol.

Yea wouldnt mind trying some btbm ;)

Just out of curiosity. Does the domain in your 'Car' section need a '-' in as i couldnt find yours, but found one similar.

Sam!

Sorry Sam I don't understand your question ? Let me know and I'll try and fix it.

Good work!! Might have to see you about getting the RB done!

Thanks Lou, let me know if you want any work, me and Gally normally work together to get cars done so has both our expertise :)
That camera lens hurts my eyes.

As do the silver wheels :p

wheels are getting done anthracite next Saturday actually ;) and the Lense isn't ideal for car shots, but have just spent a fortune on products so I can't afford another Lense just yet :(

Thanks everyone for the comments

120d M Sport
Like it Cal! Know exactly where you're comin from on the always having to have tyres and trim blacked up, makes such a difference even when the car's not that clean!

Flame Red Delight

Sam!

Yea sam that is my current site, i am in the process of rebuilding the site and i will be making it a bit more professional and adding pictures of cars i have detailed etc for effect. Prices will be updated with the addition of the the enhancement detailing.

You just buy that plate for your car? ya gayer

Like it Cal! Know exactly where you're comin from on the always having to have tyres and trim blacked up, makes such a difference even when the car's not that clean!

Cheers alex mate, yea i dont like running about in the car with no trim stuff on, i know it seems a bit redicilous but it to me its the difference between the car looking clean and looking half assed, clean.

Great write up, I wish that I had something so simple to follow when I first started cleaning mine...

The one thing I get lazy with is the "Patt down method", I always get impatient at that point and wipe it over with my drying towel to remove all the water marks... I just hope I'm not causing too much damage in the process. I figure at that stage it should be free from the majority of contaminates though (hopefully)...

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Good little write up, especially for newbies to detailing :) I love w&g, still have 5 ltrs in my garage :D

Whats the plan next?

Flame Red Delight
Great write up, I wish that I had something so simple to follow when I first started cleaning mine...

The one thing I get lazy with is the "Patt down method", I always get impatient at that point and wipe it over with my drying towel to remove all the water marks... I just hope I'm not causing too much damage in the process. I figure at that stage it should be free from the majority of contaminates though (hopefully)...

Thanks mate, yea I tried to keep it as simple and easy to follow as possible, thus allowing newbies to follow. The results your achieve from following are also of very high quality as anyone whose car i have valeted will agree.

The patt down method is for peice of mind for me, just to ensure that after swirl removal etc has been done that I amnt stupidly putting anymore in, I can understand why you said it is a bit of a pain though :)

Good little write up, especially for newbies to detailing :) I love w&g, still have 5 ltrs in my garage :D

Whats the plan next?

The next plan will be to do an enhancement detail on the car, the only problem is that my car suffers from very deep swirling and it's black so shows up every mark. So I amnt expecting perfection I just want to remove minor swirling and most importantly any wash marring and contaminents. I will be using a rotary and going over firstly with lime prime to
Remove light swirls and hopefully marring. Then will be glazing to try and fill some swirls and any Marring that is left, with poorboys blackhole. Which is perfect for black cars, some will ask why I do both these stages and this is purely gally's influence and seeing his results he has achieved. I will be showing how to clay correctly and also when to de
Tar etc.

Thanks again everyone :)