ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer run about

Clio 182
After selling my 182 before I left for uni in September (parking was £500 a term!).
i'm considering a high milage 172 for the 5 mile commute into work for the summer, budget would only be about a grand, but i've got the bug again, thoughts?

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hope you find what your looking for.

Currently looking for a 182. Had one a few years ago and loved it and due to being in the process of buying a house I'm looking to get back in to a little RS.

Clio 182
Thanks, starting to regret selling it tbh! My brother's looking at a 182 in iceberg at the moment and it's not helping haha. Good luck with the house!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yes, can be a minefield. Someone I know (MattJB on here) bought a ph2 172 for a few hundred and it has been very reliable, whereas my £1350 172 Cup has had to have quite a bit spent on it, though I have done a lot more miles in my car.

Saying that, parts cost pennies, so it's not the end of the world if it needs the odd bit doing.

PH2 172, Kangoo
I bought mine for just over £1000, but it immediately cost me £1000 on a cambelt, dephaser and four new tyres. I think there was a second hand CAT in there somewhere too :lol:

False economy really, but i bought the car knowing it would need the work doing. If you can do some of that stuff yourself, or if you find one with the work done for cheap, then go for it.