ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer tyre options

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I curerntly have Rainsport 2s on the front which after a 8k and 2 wet trackdays are pretty much on the limit. Im relucant to get another set of RS as we still have a few summer months left and I dont mind swapping sets between seasons. Around the same budget as a set of RS (£60 unfitted), what does anyone recommend? (195 45 16s BTW)

E46 M3, Clio 182
continental contactsport 3's for me.. I find them quite noisy, but the wear is OK and the grip is awesome :approve: they also hold up well in the rain.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I went from RS to PS3's. The PS3's are better in all conditions. Much better. I didn't think RS were to bad until I swapped over. I won't run anything else on the road again. Did a very wet track evening on them as well. They were excellent and are wearing well, much better than the RS in that respect as well.

182 ff
I know they a bit more than you wanted to spend but I recently got yoko ad 08 r and have got to say they phenomenal went to the nurburgring recently and they never let go once and are not wearing bad at all and are ok in the wet they will let go but it's progressive so you can back off in time but wouldn't push them in the rain

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not sure if in budget but if you want something that will last look at Pzero nero or Kumho KU39s.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
My wife has had the RS3s on here Megane GT150 for the past year, they seem good and are wearing well. They did confuse the fitter though as they are aesymetric and directional - but are fitted as if aesymetric.

Listerine & Poledo
for a proper summer tyre, Goodyear Eagle F1s have always been my choice.

That said, I used to run them all year round...not ideal in the snow but you wont instantly die.

EDIT: Finding them in some sizes can be a problem though

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I had S drives few years back I acquired, they were nearly dead but for the couple of k I did on them I found them thoroughly excellent

clio 3 rs
hello everyone

i have a question about my cio but i'm new in the site so please be patient!!!
i own a clio 3 rs ph1 for almost one yaer and it needs tyre change
after looking around a bit i finally went for the goodyear eagle f1 asymetric 2
althougth in the oem tyre size (215/45/17) the speed index is high (y) and considered changing it into (225/45/17)
can someone help please?
any suggestions are welcome!!

thanks again