ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump Guards

S23

The Cleee-O
Hiya, not sure if is in the right section but here goes :D. Does anybody know if there are sump guards available for a MK2 Ph2 DCi? Cause I hit my engine a reasonable amount and want to keep it protected really. Where can I get one, are they bespoke made or off the shelf style parts, how much do they cost roughly, and how do you fit them (is there drilling and special brackets required etc.)?

Thanks everyone :D

182 cup
i ended up getting the lower sump cover, they're made of steel plate and are much stronger than the plastic ones.

can't give a part number but i'm sure someone on here can.

hope this helps

peter

1.jpg

Evo
How do you manage to 'regulary' hit your sump though?

Demon tweeks to a small and larger sump guard for the mk2 clio under their rally section.

S23

The Cleee-O
Had a look on the demon tweeks site and couldn't find it :( Will have another look later though when i'm not so hungover. ha. Found OMP ones starts at 177 upwards, and the other one I couldn't find in a Clio fitment. Umm, my car is lowered aout 60mm front and back on 14x8's with a 195/45/14 tire on them which is probably about 30mm less than the standard profile (taking into account the stretch). Plus my sump is only about an inch off of the floor anyway :eek: lol . Cheers for the link though dude! :D. I live in the country and the city, half and half. Ha. And speedbumps are the worst thing...them and raised man hole covers. haha. :D

S23

The Cleee-O
i ended up getting the lower sump cover, they're made of steel plate and are much stronger than the plastic ones.

hope this helps

peter

1.jpg

Cheers for this man! Is this something that is actually availiable to buy from Renault themselves then? :)

ValverInBits
renault do an off the shelf plastic one iirc, never heard of a metal item. Don't know which of the above would be a metal one.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Had a look on the demon tweeks site and couldn't find it :( Will have another look later though when i'm not so hungover. ha. Found OMP ones starts at 177 upwards, and the other one I couldn't find in a Clio fitment. Umm, my car is lowered aout 60mm front and back on 14x8's with a 195/45/14 tire on them which is probably about 30mm less than the standard profile (taking into account the stretch). Plus my sump is only about an inch off of the floor anyway :eek: lol . Cheers for the link though dude! :D. I live in the country and the city, half and half. Ha. And speedbumps are the worst thing...them and raised man hole covers. haha. :D

Still dont see how your catching the sump tbh, mines decked and i can go up ramps/speed bumps etc etc with only bumper scrapes.

You can do your own sump guard if you want. Some rally boys around here just get a sheet of metal measure it to size etc then drill the correct holes for it and hey presto you have a sump guard :)

182 cup
Cheers for this man! Is this something that is actually availiable to buy from Renault themselves then? :)

it's number 2, and yes i got mine directly from renault, it fits directly over the sub frame.

i'll take some photos tomorrow.

S23

The Cleee-O
Still dont see how your catching the sump tbh, mines decked and i can go up ramps/speed bumps etc etc with only bumper scrapes.

You can do your own sump guard if you want. Some rally boys around here just get a sheet of metal measure it to size etc then drill the correct holes for it and hey presto you have a sump guard :)

Just that low :rasp: . I dunno, can feel the stones hit my gearbox occasionally too, come up though the gear knob :S. Nah cheers for that dude, the homemade sounds gud. Although my handy work may not be so gud at metal. But it would be worth a try I guess :D

it's number 2, and yes i got mine directly from renault, it fits directly over the sub frame.

i'll take some photos tomorrow.

Awesome, will enquire about that then, that'd be cool if you could man. Is it the same as the one below? Does is actually stop the impact okay? Hmm, I don't think the plastic one will do the job TBH, it is getting quite a hammering occasionally. But thanks for the other idea, much appreciated. Didn't even know you could get plastic ones! :D

This is the metal one:
img0137oq0.jpg

Or you might be able to use the plastic 172/182 one.
DSC00385.jpg

Awesome, the metal one does look cool :D . Looks quite sturdy as well. That will fit over a DCi I'm guessing? Will just be a little more room behind it?

clio 172

hope this helps

peter

1.jpg

How did you fit the guard??? Where I live all non-RS clios came equipped with the metal sump guard, so naturally I went to the dealer's but they told me that the metal guard wouldnt fit the 1*2.

Lots of Alfas
If you look at the rally car refresh thread in the projects section theres a pic on the first page of a home made guard welded onto the subframe. I dont know why the metal guard wouldnt fit a 172/182, im sure dialogies lists it for them, perhaps its something minor like the oil sump plug not aligning upto the access hole or something?

182 cup
How did you fit the guard??? Where I live all non-RS clios came equipped with the metal sump guard, so naturally I went to the dealer's but they told me that the metal guard wouldnt fit the 1*2.

a little more detail here, can't comment as to why you were told it wouldn't fit.

Peter

sump1.jpg

sump4-1.jpg

sump2.jpg

sump3.jpg

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers for the fotos Peter.K, looks good actually. Will enquire to Renault about one cause it looks pretty sturdy, and it would fit being a genuine product...well, as long as those holes are the same on the DCi that is. :S