ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump Washer

'97 Renault Clio Maxim S
i have a mk1 ph3 1.4 and changed my oil the other day but forgot to change the washer so now have to redo it as there is a slight leak. got a new washer but not sure which way up it goes, its smooth on one side and the other side has a split all the way round, does it need to face a certain way or does it not matter?

1996 Valver
Is it a copper washer??? If it isnt, get one.......then just unscrew and replace as quick as you can.

Mor the couple of quid it will cost you I would get a new sump bolt, so you can put the new washer on that, will save you a few seconds!!

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Lol good question, I've done it a couple of times and not looked which way I've put it on, I've never had a leak.

Doesn't matter I thing I always try putting the smooth side up to the sump but so long as its tight it won't matter.
You need to replace the washer and clean the area round the sump plug ever time you take it off otherwise it leaks.