ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weak/inconsistent washers

Clio Trophy
The washers work ok overall but for a while now I've noticed that maximum spray isn't coming out of every nozzle. Any time I function them there is at least one of the four nozzles spraying noticeably less/weaker than the others but it's not consistent, it can vary from one skoosh to the next.

Is is likely to be the washer pump on the way out?

The rear washer has also stopped working in the last week but I'm unsure if it's related.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I’d suggest leaning forward and gently whispering to the car ‘I’m into murders and executions mostly’.

See if you can scare it into working properly.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Clios have a little rubber bung on the two outlets from the pump which is supposed to shuttle one way or the other, depending on which direction the pump is running, and block off flow to either the front or rear washers. It tends to swell and get stuck, blocking the flow in one way or the other, so it's probably been sticking in the past few weeks and giving weak flow to the front and has now stuck blocking flow to the rear.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Best sticking with Renault for the pump or are any aftermarket options worth a look?

It ain't cheap for what it is.
Not fitted yet mind, but I bought one of these. The price Renault want is ridiculous and it looks to be an identical design.

Clio Trophy
Have you fitted this yet?

I've been delaying replacing mine but looks like I've sprung a mega leak as topping up the screenwash resulted in it pishing out from the left hand wheel arch liner. Made noticeably worse when using the washers which at least looks to confirm it was indeed playing up.

Not sure whether to go for that Febi Bilstein one or the extorionate Renault one.