ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sun strip banner!

Renault Clio 182
Hi All,

Just a quick one does anybody still put sun strip banners on their cars anymore? i was thinking of putting one on my 182 just wondered if it was still in fashion and look decent too?

Adam

Ph1 track car, Dci
I'd say nay, unless it's a plain black on a track car with no visors. Each to there own though

Renault Clio 182
I'd say nay, unless it's a plain black on a track car with no visors. Each to there own though

yeah i guess it is and yeah its like you say only really see them on race or track cars but i was thinking of one saying renualt sport on black background but i havent seen any cars with a banner on it anymore.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I have a satin black one on the Trophy, but it suits its appearance, and it has no sun visors either so it does serve a purpose.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
roll it up and put it in a cardboard tube

Then put it in the bin!

They never have and never will be 'in fashion'. Most will fail an MOT too!

Buy some sun glasses or put down the visor would be my advice. But then, it's your car - your choice!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Would rather drive round with "I'm a C*nt" written on my car tbh.

Last edited:
  XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
on a suitable track car, I think that looks okay.
I certainly wouldn't be doing it to a road going daily tho.

Clio 172
On most track cars its essential as people have no sun visors or their seats sit a lot lower. I am considering one as the sun hitting you in the face at certain times on track can lead to some very ass twitching moments.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
On most track cars its essential as people have no sun visors or their seats sit a lot lower. I am considering one as the sun hitting you in the face at certain times on track can lead to some very ass twitching moments.

the exact reason why I have one on the Trophy.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Hi All,

Just a quick one does anybody still put sun strip banners on their cars anymore? i was thinking of putting one on my 182 just wondered if it was still in fashion and look decent too?

Adam

I used limo black tint film on the inside.
it blocks sunlight, doesn't interfere with the wipers, you can see though it, doesn't shout boy racer like a 'real' sunstrip does.
and providing your not a total satchel and go super low with it, its perfectly legal (can't remember the % of glass it can cover on the front, something like 10% though)

It's your car mate you do what you like. Obviously the majority of people will always like the same thing but if absolutely everyone liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

I love the look of that Cup!! But I personally think it's a bit overboard for a non track car.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Black top strip works for me :)

null_zps25547646.jpg

null_zps93562dab.jpg

null_zpsaf1c8826.jpg

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I've got a satin black one on road/track car and an hardly notice it visually from outside but it's odyssey so quite dark colour, massive one on the race car car for a reason. They look awesome IMO in track/race/aggressive styled cars

Clio with a body kit
I live close to where Michael Carroll (lotto lout) lived.. And he had 'king of chavs' sun strip on his range rover. A mate of mine had a beat up fiesta and it inspired him to have his own one made up that said 'king of gash'. Pretty sure the police made him remove it in the end but it possibly made it one of the funniest cars iv ever seen wish I had a picture of it!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
are you fitting them to the inside of the screen?
as I have heard if they interfere with the wiper stroke it will fail a MOT, need to get one soon for my track car as the sunvisors had to be removed because of the cage.

SQ5
Doesn't affect MOT anymore, my MOT guy told me last time anyway.

uherugyr.jpg

If you do it do it properly with some depth to it!

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
Need a sun strip ASAP for weekend. What is best vinyl to go for. Loads on eBay but I've had some s**t ones?