ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday Brunch Club North Weald 22 June 10:30 am

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Hi guys a few more peeps have shown interest in doing another Sunday Brunch at North Weald.
So if people are up for it and the weather holds out I'm going to organise it for 10:30 on the 22nd of June.

I would do it on the 15th but that is Father's Day and the 8th is a day after FCS. Also there is a drag racing day at the North Weald on the 8th.

Would be good to get some new faces down too.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
You would be surprised as a few people have been caught driving over the middle of the runway lol
It's a great location and even better when the weather is lovely. Might even have a cheeky beer from the squadron bar if we are still there at midday :).

500bhp Scoob
I'm up for this as long as the weather is alright as I want to get out in the kit car. I've also checked my work roster and its my day off.

500bhp Scoob
I'm really looking forward to this, I had a fatality at work last week so it's given me something to look forward to, and work on the car to get a few bits sorted :) Weather is looking to be dry too!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I'm really looking forward to this, I had a fatality at work last week so it's given me something to look forward to, and work on the car to get a few bits sorted :) Weather is looking to be dry too!

Man sounds like you've had a awful week so far :(. May I ask what happened ?

500bhp Scoob
In a nutshell, I hit a guy who was laying inbetween the rails with his head on one of the rails. I was doing about 20mph at the point of impact, unfortunately driving a freight train with 2100 tonne of stone means it isn't going to stop on a penny.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
In a nutshell, I hit a guy who was laying inbetween the rails with his head on one of the rails. I was doing about 20mph at the point of impact, unfortunately driving a freight train with 2100 tonne of stone means it isn't going to stop on a penny.

faaaarrrrk. that sounds disastrous.

sorry dude

500bhp Scoob
I'm not too bad about it, its just one of them things I guess, Dr's have signed me off for a month and I've been given some sleeping tablets.

Anyone coming up from Kent/Thurrock way?

There is a bus rally at North weald on Sunday too.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah there is always something going on over at North Weald. If it's a bus rally it maybe a bit busier then normal.
Sorry to hear about the accident at work. I know this is a bit of a grim question. But is it true train drivers get signed off with medical pension if they have the unlucky thing of having too many " jumpers "?

500bhp Scoob
I've heard of some drivers not coming back after having a fatality because its knocked all confidence out of them, train drivers used to be able to claim for compensation from suicides, but the government stopped it, many drivers used that money to go on a break to try and clear their heads.

I've never heard of drivers being signed off with a medical pension though, certainly not something that happens now, they'd rather redeploy us in other job roles.

Anyway back on subject, are we meeting at the squadron, as I'll get it set up on my phone so I don't get lost?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyway back on subject, are we meeting at the squadron, as I'll get it set up on my phone so I don't get lost?

Indeed.

Through the gates and go left, past the market, keep following the road around for about 1.5 miles, over the end of the runway, then round instead of across the next bit you come to.

Have you been there before...?

Any probs, call me :)

500bhp Scoob
Not been to North Weald before which was why I was being hopeful on meeting someone on the way lol!

I'm sure I'll be alright though, judging from google maps you go through a gate opposite a new housing estate.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
If you want meet me at the Harlow M11 Rounderbout McDonalds and follow me from there.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Cool my bro is coming down tomorrow so those who would like dents done.
He will be on hand to give some quotes :).

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah the rounder bout you come off to get to north weald. Meet me there at 10:15 if you want.

just google mapped this....getting there should be ok but where is the entrance? and can you drive all the way round it?

if i come i will be coming from hertford along the a414 then head towards harlow etc