ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday detail

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ah, one of my favourite artics! Looks awesome mate, amigo is lovely to apply via DA, it just seems to melt into the paintwork.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looking lovely RDR, but your photos are appalling. I'd have taken some for you gladly but I was busy building a stud wall :banghead:

Gimmie a shout next time and I'll definitely be there.

How long did it all take you out of curiosity?

Cheers Rob.

iPhone pics unfortunately :( ill definitely take you up on a photo session one day. Ill lay on a cheeky bit of lunch too!

I actually spent around 5 hours on it. It was such a nice day I really took my time over it.

Ah, one of my favourite artics! Looks awesome mate, amigo is lovely to apply via DA, it just seems to melt into the paintwork.

Cheers Luke.

It was the first time I've used a DA or any polisher for that matter and like you say the amigo just went on so easily. The fact that the results were immediately noticeable made it feel so rewarding.

I found the Autoglym HD wax went on really nicely too.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You've made me go for a browse for artic 182's now, lol! I really rate the HD Wax too, it's so easy to work with.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
You've made me go for a browse for artic 182's now, lol!

do it!!!! lol

I really rate the HD Wax too, it's so easy to work with.

Yeah it seems to be a really good wax for a newb like me.

Gally is the don. He's such a top bloke and was really helpful when I asked for his advice on polishes and waxes etc.

CS ftw! lol

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Yes mate will keep an eye out. Also, if you need any help with the detailing lark, just give us a shout ;)
Chris
DetailMe

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks really glossy. Arctic is a great colour once it's polished up etc. I used a DA for the first time on mine before Xmas last year and was well impressed. :)
This was the results of mine although its a rubbish iPhone pic

azu4eqaz.jpg

evu6yhy8.jpg

Which clay did you use too? It was the first time I had used clay etc too

Chris

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers mate :)
I was worried using a DA to begin with but my mate soon taught me

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes mate will keep an eye out. Also, if you need any help with the detailing lark, just give us a shout ;)
Chris
DetailMe

Sorry to jump in on his thread but i am after someone to detail my Ph1 or i might buy my own DA but i would need help/advice in what products to buy.

Cheers Scott.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Gally is the the man to ask about products Scott.

You can pop round and use with my DA once the weather warms up a bit.

Thanks alot mate, im dying just to get outside and wash the bloody thing this cold/snowy weather is killing me.....

Ill put a post up or pm him.

Audi A5
Looks really good Ron! Defo need to invest in a DA myself.

Does the amigo have any sort of cutting pound to it? I.e does it correct paint atall?

Also what DA did you go for?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm not sure exactly what Amigo does other than prep the paint work for wax. It says that it will remove surface imperfections so I guess it must have light cutting effect.

I went for the Meguiars G220 v2 DA and it's a nice bit of kit for the money.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I used clay and iron x on mine then cracked on using meguiars 205? It's what my mate gave me. I found it got rid of a few imperfections and a few swirls etc. then I went over with some Zaino z5 I think? And then Zaino z8.
I was really impressed. Need to purchase a DA myself. I'm sure they all do the same job too?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
As far as I know. I asked Gally for his advice on a DA and he said that the megs one was pretty good. It's obviously not going to be as good as a rotary but it's a lot safer for a newb
like me lol