ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunglasses Ron's E46 330Ci M-Sport

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Picked this up yesterday.

It was in desperate need of a detail so I set about getting up to scratch today.

10 hours later...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Lovely motor mate. What made you get rid of the 182. Fancied a change? Bet that's torquey

Needed a bigger car for when my wife goes back to work. She wouldn't drive the Clio which meant I was going to be left with 2 kids plus associated baggage in the Clio.

You just need an E39 touring for the family wagon now.

Funnily enough I have one for sale.....

I spoke to Jo about an estate car the other day funnily enough. She used woman logic and said she doesn't like estate cars because there too long. I didn't bother arguing.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Be on the look out for a Cmax and an estate in the supermarket carpark and point them out to her, let her figure out she'll essentially be driving a big f*cking minibus.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Be on the look out for a Cmax and an estate in the supermarket carpark and point them out to her, let her figure out she'll essentially be driving a big f*cking minibus.

She already drives a Cmax but wants the new shape one. Trying to convince her that she needs an estate is utterly pointless. I'm not gonna waste my breath.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Couple of issues cropped up yesterday.

First I noticed a slight metallic rattle coming under the car at low speed over speed bumps. Looks like it could be one of a few things. Heat shield or broken exhaust bracket is most likely but could also be something to do with brake pads being without a clip?

The second and slightly more concerning issue is that after a run into London the traction control light (DTC), brake warning light and the tyre pressure warning light all popped up. I switched off the ignition and stated back up which got rid of the DTC and brake warning lights. I then reset the tire warning light no problem. But since then the DTC and brake warning light keep popping up despite them going away briefly upon turning the ignition off and on. Even with the lights on the car still drives perfectly fine.

I've plugged in my cheap OBD scanner but it's not finding any fault codes. I'm guessing it's because it won't read stored codes?

So I'll be contacting the garage I bought it from tomorrow to take it back to get these issues sorted.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Couple of issues cropped up yesterday.

First I noticed a slight metallic rattle coming under the car at low speed over speed bumps. Looks like it could be one of a few things. Heat shield or broken exhaust bracket is most likely but could also be something to do with brake pads being without a clip?

The second and slightly more concerning issue is that after a run into London the traction control light (DTC), brake warning light and the tyre pressure warning light all popped up. I switched off the ignition and stated back up which got rid of the DTC and brake warning lights. I then reset the tire warning light no problem. But since then the DTC and brake warning light keep popping up despite them going away briefly upon turning the ignition off and on. Even with the lights on the car still drives perfectly fine.

I've plugged in my cheap OBD scanner but it's not finding any fault codes. I'm guessing it's because it won't read stored codes?

So I'll be contacting the garage I bought it from tomorrow to take it back to get these issues sorted.

Few of us have got INPA (BMWs version of Renault's CLiP system).. If you need to check faults etc.. Or do some coding.

Brake and traction faults I'm going to leave to the garage especially as you've only had it for a few days !

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Painter guys at work have got these. One in silver with silver wheels and black interior, the other a purple with silver wheels and cream interior. Both lovely cars.

Get some eibach prolines on there Dave.