ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunglasses Ron's E46 330Ci M-Sport

Ph2 172
Nice one you posh git! Good old German reliability rearing its head already is a shame, hope it's a cheap and easy fix.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Been driving the car all day today and the bloody warning lights haven't come on once lol

It's still going back this week to get any stored codes read and also to sort out the annoying rattling noise.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Hiyaaa!
9d1939a94035be04baa7d395372a0bb9_zps9d08dfba.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol. Mate I've been trying to buy a cheap cup for ages as a toy. I miss the handling/fun factors of 172's. Not the build quality though

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Or lack of, but there is something addictive about a raw little car that feels like it's going to drive itself apart, Ron will come back too, just a matter of time.

Last edited:

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Nice motor! Mine is also on an 06 plate, so one of the last ones.

Mine has a continuous problem with the tyre pressure light coming on, that's because the wheels are corroded and need a refurb.

As for the rattle, have a look at the break backing disc, both of my fronts had he issue where the washer rusted through the plate and made it loose. Easy enough fix though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of issues cropped up yesterday.

First I noticed a slight metallic rattle coming under the car at low speed over speed bumps. Looks like it could be one of a few things. Heat shield or broken exhaust bracket is most likely but could also be something to do with brake pads being without a clip?

The second and slightly more concerning issue is that after a run into London the traction control light (DTC), brake warning light and the tyre pressure warning light all popped up. I switched off the ignition and stated back up which got rid of the DTC and brake warning lights. I then reset the tire warning light no problem. But since then the DTC and brake warning light keep popping up despite them going away briefly upon turning the ignition off and on. Even with the lights on the car still drives perfectly fine.

I've plugged in my cheap OBD scanner but it's not finding any fault codes. I'm guessing it's because it won't read stored codes?

So I'll be contacting the garage I bought it from tomorrow to take it back to get these issues sorted.
Firstly, lovely car.
All those lights used to appear on my mates. It was the steering angle sensor which I believe is common on them. His would constantly appear and disappear. Luckily on a proper computer the codes were stored.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Bloody lovely. Is that on Eibachs?
not that i know of. iv not touched the suspension since i bought it. as far as im aware its on standard set up. they are pretty low standard anyway. i managed to source a genuine bmw performance exhaust from germany and bmw quiickshift which im getting fitted soon. there were a few options available for these from bmw including the exhaust, an intake, brakes etc. i have the pdf of the bmw brochure link at home.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Nice motor! Mine is also on an 06 plate, so one of the last ones.

Mine has a continuous problem with the tyre pressure light coming on, that's because the wheels are corroded and need a refurb.

As for the rattle, have a look at the break backing disc, both of my fronts had he issue where the washer rusted through the plate and made it loose. Easy enough fix though.

Cheers mate. It's going back to the garage on Wednesday so I'll tell them to look for that as a possible culprit.

Firstly, lovely car.
All those lights used to appear on my mates. It was the steering angle sensor which I believe is common on them. His would constantly appear and disappear. Luckily on a proper computer the codes were stored.

@TheEvilGiraffe hookwd it up to his diagnostics last night and there's no codes stored? I shall keep an eye on it. I drove to work this lurking and still no lights so all good at the moment.

Looks nice, so those interiors pics ???

I shall sort tonight of I get a chance :up:

not that i know of. iv not touched the suspension since i bought it. as far as im aware its on standard set up. they are pretty low standard anyway. i managed to source a genuine bmw performance exhaust from germany and bmw quiickshift which im getting fitted soon. there were a few options available for these from bmw including the exhaust, an intake, brakes etc. i have the pdf of the bmw brochure link at home.

Yeah yours looked a little lower than mine in your pic but on looking at mine this morning it's about the same.

Could you ping me a copy of that pdf mate?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cheers mate. It's going back to the garage on Wednesday so I'll tell them to look for that as a possible culprit.

@TheEvilGiraffe hookwd it up to his diagnostics last night and there's no codes stored? I shall keep an eye on it. I drove to work this lurking and still no lights so all good at the moment.

I shall sort tonight of I get a chance :up:

Yeah yours looked a little lower than mine in your pic but on looking at mine this morning it's about the same.

Could you ping me a copy of that pdf mate?
i will do mate when i get home tonight ill send u the link.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
They do sound good. I've just bought the BMW performance backbox as I wanted a little bit more noise without ruining the refinement with a boomy aftermarket system.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Ron has your car had the passenger airbag recall done? I had mine done last week at BMW.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
They do sound good. I've just bought the BMW performance backbox as I wanted a little bit more noise without ruining the refinement with a boomy aftermarket system.

What does it sound like mate?
Ron has your car had the passenger airbag recall done? I had mine done last week at BMW.

No but it will be going into Sytners in the next week or so to get it sorted. My wife's cousin is the parts manager there and he gave me a heads up before I bought the car that it was subject of a recall.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
What does it sound like mate?

No but it will be going into Sytners in the next week or so to get it sorted. My wife's cousin is the parts manager there and he gave me a heads up before I bought the car that it was subject of a recall.
It's not fitted yet,. I'll let you know.

I have eibachs on mine, only drops about 10-20mm but looks better for it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440498179.228091.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440498190.061066.jpg

There's also a way to get one touch open and close on the rear windows if you're interested? Pissed me off holding the buttons for 10 seconds just to open the window a couple inches!