ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
GafferTape05.jpg

this probably ;)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Did have ducktape on it lol, then when the weather was dry I put sealant around the edge between the black surround and the roof. Best to work out where your leak is getting in. The sealant was reasonably expensive as its some proper stuff from halfords, black aswell so doesn't look so bad.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah mate of mine has done this to his valver, got some proper clear sealant, seems to have done the trick :)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
But there is still the problem of the sunroof not working, power goes to it but nothing happens.

Audi TT 225
Did you let the sealant dry right out before you closed it? if it was something like sikaflex or tiger seal that stuff bonds pretty damn good!
Does it sound like its trying to open?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
There isn't any sound at all really.
I didn't bond it to the actual sunroof, just the black plastic surround to the actuall car.
I'm pretty sure electricity goes to it as when the engine idling the note changes when i try the sunroof.

RB 200 Cup!
must be a dodgy ish connection somewhere.... pm Edde - he usually the font of all knowledge with cars

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Could be I believe the electricity goes to it, but no sound from the motor? is it just an easy swap?