ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*SUNSTRIP*

307 hdi (powered by derv)

I AM THINKING ABOUT FITTING A SUNSTRIP TO MY CAR, MY ONLY WORRY IS COVERING THE RAIN AND LIGHT SENSOR AT THE TOP OF MY WINDOW. I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THE AUTO WIPERS AND LIGHTS BUT WOULD IT DAMAGE THE SENSORS IN ANY WAY WHEN I RIP THE SUNSTRIP OFF?.

get one proffesionally fitted at a tints shop. they will do it properly and it does look alot better. Plus saves taking it off for MOTs. Just a thought

I had mine made at a sign writers.. I tried to do it myself the first time, and ended up in a big mess.. So I took it back and he made me a new strip (The original one was all screwed up but I hadnt damaged the writing by this point) and he put it on - did a class job..

It looks easy - but its not.

Daz.

Lionel Richie

It is easy, just spray the back (the sticky bit) with water/fairy liquid, and spray the windscreen, wack it on, position, then squeaze out all the air bubles and water using a credit card with a cloth over it

Theres a Black mk1 172 in the gallery with a RENAULTsport sunstrip, anyone know if Reno sell them or if it was made specially.

Has anyone had problems passing an MOT with a sunstrip on?

320d M Sport

MOT stipulates that a said amount of screen must be visible, X%..... dont know the exact figure

it is possible for a car to fail its MOT because the sunstrip covers too much of the window, creating poor vision and a large safety risk