ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supaguard...How do I ??

133/225/CLS AMG
Right, read some stuff about that Supaguard stuff!! Had a similar thing on my Clio 172 but didn't fancy paying £200+ on getting the Megane done.

So, went on e-bay and got me this -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supaguard-Pro...ryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Was a lot cheaper and thought that since it was only about a tenner if i don't use it, no big deal.

Has anyone else used this at all, it says to wet the sponge, pierce 2-3 times and then apply to the body work. Once this has dried too a haze to buff it off with a cloth. Is that really what the £200 gets you if its proffessionally applied?

It says 'For Proffesional Use Only' so in my hands am I likely to balls this right up?????

In the word of the Dr Pepper ad - Whats the worst that can happen??? :D :D

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Nothing will happen. It's just a average paint sealant and is no diffeent to you applying somthing like Autoglym. As it says pop the bag, rub in over and buff off. It's really not that impressive though IMHO.

133/225/CLS AMG
Cheers mate, thought for the price it cost me its no great loss if its not that great.

does it make any difference than if I used Meguiars Carnuba wax etc????

Ther are a lot more choice when it comes to meguiars nowadays ,and a lot of other products represent better value for money.Cg XXX Hardcore paste wax is a better buy and will last a lot longer

106 GTi
Hope this thread shows how dealers shaft people for the amazing supaguard!

Just get a decent of the shelf sealant like Autoglym Extra Gloss

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
im actually looking for something to take it off, it most defonetly wasnt applied professionally by the dealers ,its shocking it has intrudced lots of swirl marks and ive tried to polish it with meguires but cant shift the swirl marks :(

would T-cut take the supagaurd off or what about panel wipe .

any1 have any tips ?

106 GTi
Any good polish will strip it off. I would avoid t-cut though as it aint the best product!

A good machine polish is the best bet to remove and de-swirl your paint.

133/225/CLS AMG
It does show how much the dealerships make on these kinda things. Supagard products sell on e-bay for about £5-£10 for the paint, fabric and carpet protection.

From what I've seen and read, there shouldn't be any negative results or lesser results when applied at home.

17too_cup - knowing the dealerships they problably polished the supagard in with a dirty cloth, thats where you got the swirl marks from!! :(

Black/Gold 182
^ yep, that's what they did to mine. It was in for some warranty work and they left it sitting with a big dollop of seagull crap on it for a couple of days which burnt the clearcoat (wouldn't come out by hand with ScratchX or TCut). So I took it back and they polished out the mark and added supaguard, but have introduced a few swirls. Must get a PC at some point...

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
lol, supagard is shite, permagard is the polymer based stuff i'd recommend. other than that try zymol etc.

Black/Gold 182
I read in Evo about a place in east london that does permagard. They take hours prep'ing too so I might go up there, get them to de-swirl and then do permaguard.

Mito Sportiva 135
We used to charge customers £250 for Diamondbrite, and the kit only cost us £40, but to to a "proper" job, i.e. do all the door/ bill sills does take a fair amount of time. I agree though, an excessive profit margin though really. If you have some valeting experience and follow the instructions I would recommend trying it yourself.

However, I wouldn;t really bother with these systems as you always end up wanting to use extra products anyway. AG SRP, CG's Extreme M Sealant followed by some lovely smelling XXX Wax does an excellent job at protecting the paint and leaving an awesome liquid finish on the black.