ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharger for a 172

TDI tyre shreader
It has been done before I think it was a German company, it used a shaft that ran across the front of the engine and the charger was located where the battery sits.

VaVa
Side track I know, but what would be the advantage of supercharging over using a turbo??. I know lag etc are and issue with turbos, but surely a turbo conversion would be cheaper and yield more power??

It has been done beofre wasn't a perfect setup 210hp I think stock internals and an intercooler I think TUC approved and all but £6k I think unfitted.
Supercharger has the advantages of no waiting for boost plus it can be easier sometimes as you don't need a new exhaust manifold. Neither supercharged or turbo charged is cheap unfortunatly they just the same price realy.

Garvey said:
Anyone know where I can pick up a supercharger for my 172, searched everywhere but can't find nothing?

where r u from?

if your down south give stealth systems in southampton a call 02380 631166 they'll do it for ya

oh and for a propper job, pistons etc. you'll be lookin at over 5k i'd say. no point in gettin half a job done