ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchips - best £465 quid ever!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
just had the dCi chipped, they even tuned the top end for the K&N............

standard 85bhp, 140lb/ft

chipped 110bhp, 172lb/ft

I was a bit sceptical of the whole 'chipping thing' so I put it against the stop watch last week and again this morning! (exactly same place, much worse weather conditions)

BEFORE:

0-60: 11.6
40-60 in 4th 6.8secs
50-70 in 5th 9.6 (all exactly as road tests in Diesel Car)

NOW:

0-60: 9.7
40-60 in 4th 5.5secs
50-70 in 5th 7.6secs (tried six times, all in the 7's - quicker than a 182)

Also as a double-check, there's a short section of dual carriageway between roundabouts on the way to work - before it JUST did the ton before slamming on the brakes hard, today it did almost 110 with over 100 yards of road left before braking!

WooooooooooHooooooooo

P.S: re-set fuel computer - still does 80mpg cruising at 60 in 5th!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
it was based on generic, but 3500 to redline @ 5000 revised (based on experience of other dCi's with performance air filters)

Rolling road was another £50, but they did road-test it.

The've done 100's of 'em and unless a car is 'new' or has serious mods, they don't dyno since 90% of cases 1st attempt is spot on.

Silver Fabia vRS
I made the file for this car so Im glad it performed well! As you say for 90% (probably higher than this in reality) of vehicles do not need a remap as all the cars come out of the factory with the same configuration in the ECU. You only really need a remap if your car has had extensive mods like headwork, cams, bottom end, pistons etc.......

Silver Fabia vRS
No never, if anything they can make them run slightly better on idle. If you are having problems with the chip go back to the dealer who fitted it and ask them to return it to original. That will then confirm if the car has a problem as standard or not. If it its the Superchip we will have a look at it here and see if we can find anything wrong, if we can we will sort it for you FOC.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
black kro that is great to hear. I shall be having my DCI 80 mapped soon, and a 0-60 reduction of 2 seconds is what I like to hear.

I'm glad you mention the top end, because torque above 90mph is rather poor. So how about that, for less than 500, you can turn your DCi 80 from a 1.4 beater to a 1.6 beater (and 182 beater when rolling). Great stuff.

BTW Binns, what you must realise is that mapping a 1.2 will give you a few horses, not 25.

BMW M3
cliokhunt said:
black kro that is great to hear. I shall be having my DCI 80 mapped soon, and a 0-60 reduction of 2 seconds is what I like to hear.

I'm glad you mention the top end, because torque above 90mph is rather poor. So how about that, for less than 500, you can turn your DCi 80 from a 1.4 beater to a 1.6 beater (and 182 beater when rolling). Great stuff.

BTW Binns, what you must realise is that mapping a 1.2 will give you a few horses, not 25.

In 5th lol ;)

182 50-70 in 3rd doesnt hang around.

Nice work though mate.... wish you could get that margin of improvement from a 2.0 NA

E91 M Sport
Geoff, I have a Scenic with the 1.5dci in 106bhp form - do you have a map available for these yet? Can't find one anywhere.....

Polo + Micra
cliokhunt said:

some 1.6's;)

Turbos.
There is a 100bhp Dci. Is it just a remapped version of the lower spec versions though? So you won't get the same sort of gains.

Would be good to see a properly sorted Dci, with bigger turbo, intercooler and other such shiznit. Would be a right sleeper.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
cliobuyer said:
There is a 100bhp Dci. Is it just a remapped version of the lower spec versions though? So you won't get the same sort of gains.

Would be good to see a properly sorted Dci, with bigger turbo, intercooler and other such shiznit. Would be a right sleeper.

Theres more to the K9K 702 100bhp than a re-map - but then again you know everything Robert

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The DCI 100 has a bigger intercooler, mapping the 65 or the 80 with an intercooler from the dci 100 will bring 120-130hp with ease.

You'd have to be into Clio's BIG TIME to start upgrading the parts, when you can simply by a VW or a BMW with a lot more power to start with.

Obviously the 182 will accelerate faster in 3rd than in 5th, so will the DCi, but the point is, when cruising along in 5th, the DCi can be rather quick off the mark.

On the same coin, my 120d has 221bhp, but a monstrous 440mn. That, along with your 182 are both 2 litre straight 4s, but I'd like to see your 3rd gear acceleration at 50mph compare with 1 series in 5th... It would probably even spank you in 6th !! Too bad I have to sell it later this year. Any takers ?? :rasp:

cliobuyer said:

106hp or 105 I forget which its a different engine bigger block gearbox (6speed) different injecotor tyre running higher pressure different turbo different piston and cooling internally I belive. Thats owuld be the better engine to start tunning.

The Portuguest Clio owners have more tunning on the dci engine theres load running 110hp or so on the 65 engine and there one with 137hp it needs more fuel to get more power it ran out at 3k.

cliokhunt said:
The DCI 100 has a bigger intercooler, mapping the 65 or the 80 with an intercooler from the dci 100 will bring 120-130hp with ease.
120 out fo a 65 model with a remap and cooler I thinkpushing it 110 at best realy you need other bits to pish 130hp the 80 has bigger injecotrs so alloys it to get to 120hp and if like the extreme portugest model push more but thats running a 1.9 BMW turbo 6k engine mapping (no idea what power like up there) also it runs a pressure tunning box which pushes the injecotors up to 2000 bar from 1400 which is a huge increase I'm suprised it hasn't blown up yet.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yes I read that back and noticed the thing about the 65. BMW engines can give a hell of a lot, tuning the later ones bring difficulties for the extreme powers as the ECU management settings for the injectors are quite restrictive. They are still the most powerful diesel engines about though.

I'd say the VAG engine are better for tunning there more bits out.
130 to 180hp is poosible 200hp is possible with a few more bits there a few running 240hp on the road and there some race ones running 250hp.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
geoff_clio182 said:
I made the file for this car so Im glad it performed well! As you say for 90% (probably higher than this in reality) of vehicles do not need a remap as all the cars come out of the factory with the same configuration in the ECU. You only really need a remap if your car has had extensive mods like headwork, cams, bottom end, pistons etc.......

exactly, people bang on about you need a chip thats mapped to your engine, not just a off the shelf remap..... but do reno map every single car they make? no, each ecu is the same.

i have a bb group n on mine and it flies, you can certainly tell mid range, pulls like a train. I also have a little test stretch of road, and since fitting the ecu myself its another 10+ mph faster at a certain point

BMW M4; S1000 RR
edde said:
I'd say the VAG engine are better for tunning there more bits out.
130 to 180hp is poosible 200hp is possible with a few more bits there a few running 240hp on the road and there some race ones running 250hp.
You say that, but BMWs 2 litre diesel already pumps out a whopping 160bhp. Which can be increased to 220hp with simply a map. A few friends of mine have Diesel BMWs, one has a 3 litre bi-turbo 5 series, that has 350hp.. Don't see many VAGS with that full stop, let alone their diesels.

edde said:
120 out fo a 65 model with a remap and cooler I thinkpushing it 110 at best realy you need other bits to pish 130hp the 80 has bigger injecotrs so alloys it to get to 120hp and if like the extreme portugest model push more but thats running a 1.9 BMW turbo 6k engine mapping (no idea what power like up there) also it runs a pressure tunning box which pushes the injecotors up to 2000 bar from 1400 which is a huge increase I'm suprised it hasn't blown up yet.

I think you have your figures mixed up with the 2000 bar bit :S Injectors generally have a presure between 100 and 300 bar

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
chips are the way forward!

I'm going to get a chip on the S2, will take it from 230bhp -> 280bhp and 430Nm! 50-70 should be savage, but so will the turbo lag LOL

172 cup TT
god it winds me up when people say "if you were in 5th and i was in 3rd my diesel would spank you" clap well done - what muppets actually get into "race mode" but think "Ooh ill keep in in 5th coz im a norman"

E91 M Sport
I think they say that because most people drive along @ 50mph in 5th and not 3rd and don't want to always redline the car to go quickly.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. One needs two cars doesn't one!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Floodie I don't think anyone said that, so wind yourself down.

I said if both the 182 and the DCI with the superchip were in 5th at 50, the DCI would pull away, then came the people mentioning that the 182 would shift down to 3rd and would pull away, always needing to go one better, I said if my 120d was in 5th and the 182 was in 3rd, I would pull away...

It all needs to be in context, of course a 2 litre petrol will beat a 1.5 litre diesel (in the same car) in a straight line, round a track, whatever, but this thread isn't about that, it's about how usable this DCI can be with a superchip, more torque than the 182 is just saying, this has a bit of torque. Doesn't mean I'm saying it's faster, if I wanted a 182 I would get one, but I don't, I already have 1 series that's 10x faster, but as I have to get rid of it for something cheaper insurance (wanted to stay cheap to run) I decided to buy a Clio DCI for a couple of years.