ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some clarity on the 172 Vs Meg F1.

Nissan 350Z
speedynz said:
Mr B, you touched on a point before about subjective assesment and how a car can 'feel' fast without actually being fast and an MX5 is a master of that. I've owned three of them and as well as being very good at 'ducking under' the speed limit they are also one of the world's most reliable cars, incredibly practical for such a small thing and a joy to drive at any speed. 70mph top down in one of these things feels like 90-100 in your average tintop. There are so many around now that they only cost a bowl of rice too.

Now I think that an MX5 with the Clio 182 engine would do you nicely.

I think perhaps I should test drive one.

I've driven the Toyota MR2 Spyder and that felt quite slow to me, but it did handle well.

Clio v6 & Atom 300
IMO the thing people always forget is the spread of torque from a modern turbo engine.

When "racing" / "ragging" in a straight(ish) line, NA cars can keep up if you use all the revs. The issue comes when you can't change gear mid corner so have to drop off cam. Then the more flexible turbo murders you on the exit. In the real world the turbo will win because it has so much torque from a few thousand revs.

Peter

MKIII 138
Clio_V6_255 said:
IMO the thing people always forget is the spread of torque from a modern turbo engine.

When "racing" / "ragging" in a straight(ish) line, NA cars can keep up if you use all the revs. The issue comes when you can't change gear mid corner so have to drop off cam. Then the more flexible turbo murders you on the exit. In the real world the turbo will win because it has so much torque from a few thousand revs.

Peter

exaclty what i said in another thread