ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

superchips / remaps

not knowing much about this sort of thing, what are the advantages / disadvantages or having this done....

little bit more power possibly ? smoother power delivery ?

any downsides??

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother with a superchip, unless its actually being mapped on a RR session, cos otherwise they do very little

wait for Nick at Hill Power to sort a chip out

VR6Man

Just do a search for Superchip - weve been over it loads of times... Ive got a SuperChip and its okay. Ive done about 10,000 miles on it. No change to the rev limit (unlike some people) but it did get me 7 bhp extra at the wheels (about 10/11 bhp at flywheel) which is just about what they advertise, so I dont feel unhappy with it. Having said that though, I certainly wouldnt get one now if I had the choice again - its not that different performance considering the £250 it cost me!!! I wouldve been better off spending the money on some driver training / track time methinks...

Matt

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah good call Matt - I never would have believed the difference a remap of the nut behind the wheel could make until I went on a track!