ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superglue Issues (noob mistake)

Clio 182
Okay so just bought a FF 182 in amazing condition apart from a couple of minor things one of which was the gaiter clips had been snapped.

Like an amateur I tried supergluing back on and not prepping properly before hand. Whilst the supergluing was a success I dropped some on the plastic surrounding the gear stick.

Had a pop at it with some warm soapy water and some nail polish remover but it's being a stubborn b**tard.

Should I keep going or just buy the trim? Searched for the trim on the net but can't seem to find it. Annoying as the rest of the interior is pretty much mint and want to keep it that way.

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140118_151048.jpg
    20140118_151048.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 57

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
New gaiter is like £7 from Renault.

FLOL! This. Sorry OP, but picking up a new one up would have been cheaper and easier. Now you will need to spend some time and effort but it will come off. Do not use superglue remover as it will cause more damage as the glue is on a plastic surface.

In the interests of helping those less fortunate than myself on the intellect front, here you go;

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-super-glue-from-plastic-and-vinyl/

Clio 182
Thanks, will give that a go.

I assumed the clips were snapped on the trim rather than the gaiter, should have done my research :(