ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supersprint 70mm race system

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Is this the one Dogmaul & m@thew both have???

If so, then yes it is the best (or one of) as the RR results from last weekend showed...

Skoda Fabia vRS

Supersprint exhausts are very good quality, there all tested on a RR when they make em to ensure you get genuine gains, in the proper trade catalogue there is a RR graph of every exhaust they make

Results for the RR are in the Meetings & Events and Media, Pics forums. Looks for Lancs vs Yorks RR day posts.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by aledw on 26 November 2003

Rich-D, is there a list of results from last weekends RR sesh?
Yup, as Rhys said, see the meetings & events section...

I am also in the middle of plotting all the results into Excel to see how they all compare, but the 2 cars with the Supersprint systems were the most powerful 172s on the day, with 152 & 154bhp @ wheels respectively.

The zorst is the only mod in each case, so gains of up to +10bhp @ wheels from that system!!! :eek:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Not sure if those 2 had the 70 or 63.5mm system?!

Gains will be the same or bl00dy similar for either though...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 26 November 2003

both are 70mm mate 63.5 could be slightly better torque down low
Might be better going for the 63.5 then...

Do you reckon peak gains would differ much between the 2 systems?!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Really depends on the car in question too, as we know how different they all are...

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 26 November 2003

rob me and mathew both putting out 152 and 154 at the wheels so yes the exhaust really helps
Well clearly youre going to get a BHP increase..its not a cat back, its a full system after all.

Youve missed out torque figures?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 November 2003

I am also in the middle of plotting all the results into Excel to see how they all compare, but the 2 cars with the Supersprint systems were the most powerful 172s on the day, with 152 & 154bhp @ wheels respectively.

The zorst is the only mod in each case, so gains of up to +10bhp @ wheels from that system!!! :eek:
Wouldnt that be expected considering its a decat system? If the low pressure sports cat can give an alleged extra 7 bhp, surely 10bhp from a full decat and exhaust is the kind of figure they should be seeing?

How the hell either of them can put up with the noise on a daily basis I have no idea but its a very impressive bit of kit.

well the 7bhp gain of the sport cat im not sure about really hum who knows

as for torque well its slightly higher than standard

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 27 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 November 2003

Wouldnt that be expected considering its a decat system? If the low pressure sports cat can give an alleged extra 7 bhp, surely 10bhp from a full decat and exhaust is the kind of figure they should be seeing?

How the hell either of them can put up with the noise on a daily basis I have no idea but its a very impressive bit of kit.

Well thats what im trying to say..when you look at restrictive systems like an Imprezas with a same amount of changes on the system youre looking at 20bhp+. Im not saying anything is wrong with the Supersprint but i think its being compared incorrectly.

-Rob

thats some big tailpipe ? can u get these superspring systems for the valver , and do u think they might have the same affect ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

We really need to get those pictures taken of it on the car.

It doesnt look big on the car.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 27 November 2003

compared to what incorectly ?? there was others there with decats making less ??
Exactly...

There were other cars there with de-cats and full systems, but they made less power!

Just like to add that the orbisound race exhaust as used on the cups is 76mm, so Im happy that i went with the 70mm system and not the 63.5 mm one

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by I2ich16v- on 27 November 2003

thats some big tailpipe ? can u get these superspring systems for the valver , and do u think they might have the same affect ;)
you can yea and there very good systems Supersprint

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

i was thinking about getting one but i think ive changed my mind for two reasons. dont like the sound of the fuelling being messed up and having to fork out more dough on a remap and also the noise levels, everyone says really loud and i dont think the wife or neighbours are going to like me for it. plus i think im getting too old for a really loud exhaust, think ill get the magnex instead. is there a decat available for the cup yet, not the race cat from k tech, just a straight through decat pipe? and yes i know thats three reasons and not two!

Do you guys think that similar gains could be acheived with K-tec sports cat and exhaust, as I was thinking of going down this route especially with being MOT freindly

may be MOT friendly but going that route will cost you alot more, Id rather put up with the MOT hassle, either swoping back or finding some friendly place. + the best sports act in the world wont give the same gains as a decat