ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPPORT MALLORY NOW!!

LY FF182
The council place is only 15 mins from me.. If I finish work in time should be able to go! Can't believe people wanna close the circuit.. Plus wasn't the track there before the residents? So they moved there knowing it's gonna be loud. It's like moving house next to heathrow airport then complaining there's too many flights and too much noise

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm going to try and go, but it will be tight.

If they do reduce the days, it going to close for sure. B'tards.

WRX
I'm going all being well but I get the impression that it's not quite what it's being made out to be. Yes I totally get the "You shouldn't move near a race track" but it seems that a long standing agreement is constantly being breached by Mallory Park. From what I can gather, people have bought houses on the understanding that there are only a certain number of events per year but the actual number that go ahead is far more than that agreement allows. I live very close and do track days and watch races there, so I definitely don't want it close but I just want to let people know if they are intending on going, that it's not the case of a few busybodies with nothing else to do. I'm also led to believe that they were asked to put better sound deadening in place but haven't.
Once again I love the place but if you look at it from another perspective - I'd be pretty peed off if I'd bought a country cottage near a church, on the understanding that the bell only rings on a Sunday, to then hear it Tuesday to Friday too.

182cup & 172 racecar
They are in the process atm, with contractors looking at noise reduction levels around the circuit.

​Understand what you say though Adam.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
This is utter bullsh1t. I recently bought a house out of town and have since realised that a lot of farm machinery uses our street as a cut through for the nearby feilds. In the summer and warmer months this increases hugely especially during harvest season. Although it irritates me it is part and parcel of living out of towm and I'm fine with it. If I lived in a town or city, I would no doubt have to put up with heavy traffic and noisy clubs at night. If I lived near to a church then I'd have to put up with bell ringing. If I lived next to a football/rugby stadium then I'd have to deal with the aggro assosiated with those too. Regardless of what Malory or any other race track say they are likely to do, nearby residents should learn to put up with it. If they want to live in a silent community then the middle of scotland is waiting for them and their finacial input. So too is the Moon.

LY FF182
What exactly do they expect supporters of the circuit to do at this council thing... Stand at the back to listen to what's going on??

1.2 16v
Hope it doesn't shut, got tickets for Autoglym classic on 4th of August, don't want that to be the first and last time I'm there.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As above, its pretty obvious that its a racing circuit... why move there if you dont like the noise of cars? f**king Morons. Totally would go if I lived close enough!

WRX
I appear to be getting a bit more info on FB. I'm told they basically have 5 days a week to have track action of one description or another. The problem is that they are only allowed two noisy days per week and Mallory say they need more. Definitely going to try to get there tomorrow, as there seems to be about 4 different stories flying around and hopefully the real story will become clear at the meeting. Would be nice to see the agreement in black and white, rather than certain peoples' interpretations of it.

As above, its pretty obvious that its a racing circuit... why move there if you dont like the noise of cars? f**king Morons. Totally would go if I lived close enough!

This IMO

They do it everywhere - even at Donington which is at the end of a f*cking runway LOL

If you don't want to live near a race track then don't. It's not rocket surgery. There's a fair few of us that would love to live near a track so the houses wouldn't be difficult to sell!

182 Cup
I'd heard through someone at work that its partly their own doing with some exceeding of the noise limits and times occuring, off a colleague who races bikes all over the place.

So what occured?

WRX
Had all good intentions of going but got stuck car hunting in Notts for my daughter. Council apparently sided with residents and have stuck to the 92 noisy days. Have to be honest, doesn't surprise me as between the lines, I don't think the owners have helped themselves at all. If you read their Farcebook page, they would have you believe that they are only allowed 92 days action total and that the residents are all against them. The truth is that it's only a very small minority of residents that are against them (by the sounds of it, they are only against because of the owners' attitude too). OK so 92 days isn't that many but they still have 362 days of action of some description. So the truth is a little different to how Mallory have published Daily Mail type headlines.
Also, this agreement has actually been in place for years and I get the impression that it has been breached for years too. It's only been a problem since the new owners have been there. One way or another, they have upset a few residents with their attitude it seems.

Last edited:
  LY FF182
So it's not going to close? Just 92 days of loud racing and test dys then they can do anything else under certain noise levels for the rest of the year?

182cup & 172 racecar
Didn't catch what they class as a noisy day. 105-108 115?? I mean they do open testing every Wed, so that's 52 days straight away!!

There is always more to these things, than's let on.

182cup & 172 racecar
Mallory Park's future remains unclear this evening after councillors voted to restrict the circuit to 92 noisy days per year.

Local residents had complained about noise emanating from the track 153 times in 2012 while circuit representatives said the the restriction, which is now in force, would make running Mallory uneconomic and force its closure.

The circuit are due in court next month over five breaches of the noise agreement which was originally put in place in 1985 but had not been fully enforced by the council until August 2012 because there had been 'no significant concerns' from residents.

It is hoped the residents, circuit owners and council can reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- See more at: http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-d...blic-meeting&newsid=9817#sthash.htJSwuPQ.dpuf

WRX
I think they class the noisy days differently to trackside. I am just repeating what I have read/bee told (so it may not be entirely accurate)
I believe there are a couple of noise meters in the village set to about 45dBs. If they get pinged, it's classed as a noisy day. Surely cutting down the Wednesday test days is a viable option, especially mid-winter. Seeing James's vid from the other day's testing it seemed quiet on track even at this time of year. Also they've just released a TRACKDAY at 105dBs!

I could be wrong and sincerely hope I am but it seems to me that the real problem with Mallory's potential closure, is a combination of bad PR, mismanagement and lack of investment. Surely they should look at capitalising on the noisy days by getting bigger events.
Realistically the facilities are no better than Llandow. I feel extremely saddened by all this, as I'm local and love it there.

WRX
That comment was a bit unfair to Llandow too, theirs are in better condition. When you look at the buildings at Mallory, they really are behind the times. I love the character of the place but from a corporate hospitality point of view, it's on a different planet compared to MSV and Silverstone etc. the toilet block needs replacing, the grandstand is a grass verge and the café's run by the people off the Wonga advert lol. All I can see is that the residents want the track to operate but not quite the way it is currently.

Last edited:
I have to say though Mallory brought it on themselves

Driven there a few times and the noise test is a fat guy waving a mic somewhere around the back while you do 2k
They don't take it as seriously as other places and the circuit is very close to housing.

Also my understanding of the last ruling was that the Wednesday test days are excluded from the 92 days anyway - residents are just trying to restrict the noisy weekend sessions.

WRX
Haven't heard that Phil about test days not even counting. If they are though, surely reduce test days to increase noisy days is an option then. I thought Feb/March/April is normally busiest for tests, after winter rebuilds etc. Maybe reducing test days to once a fortnight at this time of year, would help to reduce tensions with residents. And ditch those stupid Lambo experience days lol.

WRX
Statement from Mallory Park today following court case, not exactly full of info but still:

FOLLOWING today’s (Friday, August 16[SUP]th[/SUP] 2013) Leicester Magistrates court ruling to uphold Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council’s prosecutions of Mallory Park on noise grounds, Mallory Park is now reviewing its legal and trading position.
Mallory Park is delighted that the case has established a number of facts regarding the 1985 notice that were previously unclear.
Mallory Park remains open for business and to discussions with HBBC and wishes to start this process as soon as HBBC is willing.

At least I can still go tomorrow:approve:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Castle Combes Facebook page has just said Mallory has gone into administration?!

182cup & 172 racecar
MALLORY PARK MOTORSPORT LIMITED TO BE PUT INTO ADMINISTRATION
Mallory_Banner94b7b7.png
30/09/13
MALLORY PARK MOTORSPORT LIMITED TO BE PUT INTO ADMINISTRATION

It is with great regret that Mallory Park Motorsport Limited has today announced that the company has been put into Administration.

Mallory Park has been operating as a motorcycle and car race circuit for many years and has much history attaching to the circuit. In 1985 a highly restrictive Noise Notice was attached to Mallory Park Motorsport Limited ('MPML') embracing all circuit activities but, significantly, a number of the provisions within the Notice were very much open to interpretation.

MPML has enjoyed a long and fruitful relationship with Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council over the years and a level of understanding had been established to work within the 1985 Notice. Regrettably, however, this arrangement was placed under scrutiny by local residents some of whom were new to the village, who made representations to HBBC to apply the rigid interpretation of the 1985 Notice.

MPML and the local authority worked extremely hard with the residents to find a compromise solution but, unfortunately, the council decided to prosecute MPML on five charges of the Notice during 2012 which involved operating on a Saturday over and above the four days agreed in the Notice. The court hearing took place in August 2013 and ruled that MPML was guilty of this breach on the five occasions, but MPML was given the right to take the establishment rights of the 1985 Notice to a higher court.

The immediate implication of the Court decision was to oblige MPML to observe the provision of the 1985 Notice, which allows only for 40 days racing on Sundays per annum (but with a dispensation to allow four Saturdays per annum) and testing on Wednesdays. MPML was accordingly obliged to cancel all track day operations, resulting in a significant loss of income (a situation also felt by local businesses and local employers) and use of the track for local community activities - young driver training etc. Overall, the imposition of such restrictions has inevitably led to MPML having a financially unstable business plan.

Following the Court case, MPML immediately implemented the highly restrictive conditions of the 1985 Notice, thus effectively reducing the circuit activity to two days per week. Significant losses were being incurred which no business can sustain. It was clear that a more dynamic approach needed to be taken to overcome the significant hurdles and two weeks ago MPML developed an innovative three stage Recovery Plan to take Mallory forwards which would hopefully meets the wishes of the residents and form the basis of a viable business.

Very constructive dialogue was held with the Leader of HBBC and senior officials and we were receiving very encouraging reactions from them to the Plan. A fundamental component of the Plan was the agreement of the Land Owner to reduce the annual lease rental, which had risen by over 40% over the last eight years and had reached untenable levels. Very regrettably, despite intense work by the MPML board, the Land Owner - Titan Properties Ltd - refused to make a substantive offer to allow the Recovery Plan to proceed.

British Automobile Racing Club were keen to support MPML (and did so up to the final race meeting yesterday by paying for certain essential supplies allowing the meeting to place) and indeed would have supported MPML to ensure all its trade creditors were paid. To that end, it needed the support of the Landlord with a sustainable rent but, regrettably, this was not possible to achieve.

Accordingly, having no firm visibility into 2014 and beyond, MPML directors had no option but to place the company into Administration.

The administrator, Ian Robert of Kingston Smith & Partners LLP, commented: “I will be working with all the stakeholders to ensure that Mallory Park will see racing again. I hope the administration process can assist in finding a solution which will be beneficial to all parties concerned.”

He continued: “To that end, I will be negotiating with the landlord and the council, with the support of the BARC, to ensure that racing can be enjoyed at Mallory Park for years to come. Although it is early days, I am hopeful that, once a solution to the lease is found, all of the company’s creditors should receive a substantial dividend, which I understand is very much the driving force behind the continued support of the BARC.”

WRX
The plot thickens, copied from somebody's post onto MP's Facebook page. (The previous company was Mallory Park Motorsport Ltd.).....

Well well well, what do we have here? Whilst you are all busy fighting and squabbling it looks like the BARC are taking you all for fools, see the Companies House website information below.
A new company, registered at Thruxton, the day after Mallory Park called in the Receivers.

So the staff are to be made redundant (and probably the Government will pick up the tab for that cost,) and many small companies have had to suffer in order that the BARC can try to hoodwink you all. Many of these smaller businesses probably have not been paid, thereby jeopardising there livelihoods, debts probably will have been written off, taxes will not have been paid. The Noise abatement Order will cease, so there will be NO track restrictions, this has to be the lowest form of business etiquette that I have ever had the privilege to witness. How shallow are you the BARC to treat people in such a despicable manner.

SHAME on you the BARC. Some people here have supported you and taken the flack for doing so. You DO NOT deserve there support. It’s a disgrace and I hope the general public rise up and express there disgust at your shameful behaviour.

Name & Registered Office:
MALLORY PARK MOTOR RACING LIMITED
THRUXTON CIRCUIT
THRUXTON
ANDOVER
HAMPSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
SP11 8PN
Company No. 08716007

Date of Incorporation: 02/10/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom