ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension and exhaust!! T5_TPR

BMW 125i
Hi all, looking to lower my clio just after christmas was thinking of the APEX -60mm suspension kit from k-tec and at the same time get ktr POWER SYSTEM EXHAUST SYSTEM with k2 tailpipe (twin 3")..... just wanted your opinions and wether i will still be able to get over speed bumps as there are a few here!!! the skirts, cup spoiler and 172 rear will be put on very soon so will post some pics up soon!! just tired of it looking like a 4x4!!! cheers

Last edited:
  mk1 phase 3
yeah you definately need to get that lowered mate, think 60mm will be ok, what size are your wheels? iv got a mk1 lowered 100 on the back 60 front and a 2.25" cat back stainless and i can get over speed bumbs ok....if i go sideways!!! dont think itll be much differnt on a mk2, but plenty of people have got them on here who are always willing to help! anyway, not seen u on here b4 so welcome to cliosport:cool:

Chocolate Bar™
60mm will be no probs, i'm on 15s and lowered over 80mm and have no probs, can even go over speed humps at normal speed.

BMW 125i
so i take it the -60mm will be fine! and the exhaust that wont get ripped off lol? anyone got any pics or can photoshop the pic above?? much appreciated

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
if i were you i'd shun the 17's for something tasty in 16"

at the very least you should run a uprated suspension kit. coilovers if you want to go lowww.

all the mods you mention sound great! look forward to seeing the final job. :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Wise words ^^
I've seen the light :star:

I've just ordered FK Highsport coilovers for my Clio... 2years later :clown: (YES - seriously! :eek:)

Front bumper is pretty deep after splitter + smoothing treatment:approve:

The splitter takes a little abuse here and there at standard ride height -
It's nothing that can't be avoided (stupidly high ramps and some driveways)

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Dsc00168.jpg

I'll just have to watch out for the rediculously high ramps now and AVOID them :rolleyes:

Think we get it bad - check this :cool:
http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29095

BMW 125i
dutty: how much is that lowered??? looks great!!!

some pics of suspension (especially any -60mm apex suspension kit) and exhausts and poss some sound clips would be much appreciated!!
cheers