ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension refresh

Have a 182 ff with 83k, non cup suspension, it has had non oe shocks put on the rear, front are oe, rear are fairly new. I was just wondering how much I would benefit from putting cup shocks/springs on, is it a straight bolt on mod or is there work to make them fit, thanks in advance:cool:

LY FF182
Rears will go on I think, but fronts have different bolt spacing where the strut bolts to the hub. So change of hub, and possibly everything around it

LY FF182
I would, I like stiff damping at the rear though.. New non cup up front should be good. Not sure if they fit, but I'd try cup/eibach/cook sport springs all round, new oe fronts and new cup rear dampers

Is there a difference between the cup and non cup rear shocks?

I read somewhere that they were the same.

Cup shocks on the front would be alot of hassle due to the bolt spacing being different to fit to the hub.

Sounds like the best idea.
I would, I like stiff damping at the rear though.. New non cup up front should be good. Not sure if they fit, but I'd try cup/eibach/cook sport springs all round, new oe fronts and new cup rear dampers