ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension suggestions

Clio 172 mk2
I am looking at upgrading the suspension on my Mk2 172 in the future and just wanted to hear some feedback from people on here as to what's a good setup.

I don't want anything that lowers the car that much...preferebly not at all...would running upgraded adjustable dampers on the OE springs improve the handling much?

Don't know that much about suspension setups so any advice appreciated.

Clio 172 mk2
Are we talking springs here or full spring/damper kits?

What are the cheaper FK coilovers like...good value for money or substandard c**p?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
From reading your additional post mate i'd say the Eibach pro dampers with the Eibach pro springs would suit you very well.

An alternative would be the H&R coilovers.

Just my opinion of course :)

Clio 172 mk2
Going to have a look into Eibach dampers & springs....not sure if I can stretch my budget to coilovers.

Who's the best supplier for Eibach stuff in the UK?

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks Gary....I'll have a look into the Bilsteins

Looked at the FKs on a few sites but wasn't sure about them anyway....as always, you get what you pay for so they're probably not going to be great at the price.

Not interested in lowering the car, just want to sharpen it up a bit in the handling department.

Are there any other modifications that will improve things like stiffer bushes and thicker ARBs?

Lionel Richie
seriously FK's you can't beat, the build quality is second to none which is amazing considering the price (TUV approved also)

if you just want to sharpen it up, then go for Eibach pros, or sportlines

gary, how is the world of comission based sales these days???

Lionel Richie
i'm off to watch the Back To The Future Trilogy, that was real engine tuning

bring back the flux capacitor

88mph is where its at

Cam

182 Cup
Im going with Eibach Sportlines for the moment and see how they are when they arrive in the country.