ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension tail chasing......

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
after trying tyo kill myself multiple times by working on my own car, I had my car aligned yesterday.
all is much better now except for some small stuff that needs to be fixed to make it perfect.
1573739843091.png

some of the measurement are bothering me a bit as I don't understand, or understand wrongly.

Rear:
Rear bushes were replaced with powerflex about a month ago

Camber:
wasn't touched, but changed anyway?...how?
Will compensate with shims

Toe:
Wasn't touched since I have had the car, but measures as -in instead of -out? (as I understand it)
left side had a bump maybe?
More shimming?

Offset:
Axle needs to be moved to the left a bit, can this be done, or more shims? (or let it go?)

Front:
wishbones with powerflex bushes
new arb bushes
roll centre correction kit (@NorthloopCup )
Pure quick rack with PAS
Spax coilovers (I know)
Pure topmounts with strutbrace

Camber:
Well it speaks for itself, after having touched the front so many times it was well off.
Right side has no adjustment left (slotted shocks),the aligner suspected bent shock mount on hub.
will probably try a camber bolt.

Caster:
Refurbed cup wishbones with powerflex bushes...now I have less caster than spec?
Will try and see if there is any forward movement in the RCCK lower balljoints to add more.
KPI:
Cannot be adjusted, but now less than spec, wheras it was close enough before.......because of camber adjustment?
Could the RCCK moving the lower joint 5mm more outwards have something to do with it? (lower joint outwards should increase KPI right?)

Tbh the cars drives fine now, and I should stop messing with it.....but I can't ;)