ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension

Nothing
Hello,

Now there's lots I don't know about Renaults... tbh I know nothing.

I've been a ford and VW man for the last few years but I'm getting a Y reg 1.2 clio for free with nothing but an idle problem.

Now I want to lower it, around 100-120mm, I like low cars. really low.

I'm on lots of forums and I know its really annoying when a noob turns up and asks questions they could search for that have been asked a thousand times before.

My question is, is lowering it easy? I've seen a thread about 50mm-52mm hub changes etc? Cant I just buy some coils that are capable of going that low without changing the hubs? Also if I were to lower it said 120mm, do you think 15's would sit right in the arches?

Thanks for your time. I'm happy with you to reply with links... I have searched but maybe I'm not doing it right because I'm not getting the answers I'm looking for.

DCI100
120mm is crazy low and will take a s**t load of work not just coilys i should imagine.

If you've got an 8valve which i guess you have you have a 52mm bolt spacing. so would need the vmaxx ones go to ktech

If you've got a 16valve its probably a 58mm bolt spacing so you could get away with using Ta technics/rokkor coilovers (all the same) which are cheaper.

Changing front hub and such isn't too bigger deal i dont think. im doing the same conversion when funds allow me.