ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUV Tyres

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's Clio forum but I know alot of us have SUVs and I'll soon be needing new tyres on XC60.

What are people using and rating on their SUVs??

Thanks

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Yes it's Clio forum but I know alot of us have SUVs and I'll soon be needing new tyres on XC60.

What are people using and rating on their SUVs??

Thanks
We have an Evoque so have Pirelli scorpion verde all season, think they are the OEM tyres for the Evoque.

They did ok in the snow in Scotland last year.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I had the Pirelli scorpions on the RR, were ok, but the michilen latitude things I have on the Cayenne seem to be better just not lasting as long.

I’d happily buy either again tbh

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Currently have Pirelli Scorpion Verde all round so may just stick with just wanted to make sure there wasn't far superior options out there.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I've had two sets of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and liked them, actually on Uniroyal Rainsports now and so far so good

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Turns out it's currently on Continentals.

Will look at the Pirellis I think.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Unless it's actually used regular off road, probably an all season, like Martin said, cross climate 2 or similar, or Quatrac 6, assuming you have it mainly for 4wd in bad weather and the odd bit of snow.
Both will cope with some light offroading too.

Christ I'm even considering Crossclimates for the daily just 'cause they're pretty amazing in low temperature rain too. If I could find some that weren't twice the price of everything else in the weird size I need :D

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I'm very happy with the cross climate SUV's I've had on a similar size car for the past 3 years, think they are nearly upto 20k now too and I've been a prick to them.

I would say they are the perfect tyre for a non performance day to day car.

I think I got mine from Costco's who were best on price at the time. If we keep the car I will be fitting them again.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
New tyres needed again soon, Think it'll be a full set this time.

Anything new and amazing been released?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
New tyres needed again soon, Think it'll be a full set this time.

Anything new and amazing been released?
What size are you after?

We import these. They’re guaranteed to last a minimum of 45,000 miles.

Or if you go off road, they do R/T tyres too. I have them on the trook but they’re a bit noisy. 😂

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
What size are you after?

We import these. They’re guaranteed to last a minimum of 45,000 miles.

Or if you go off road, they do R/T tyres too. I have them on the trook but they’re a bit noisy. 😂

235/60 R18

It's only the family XC60 so doesn't exactly go off roading but we do live reasonably rural with some very poor country roads around.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Falken Wildpeaks are a fair shout if you were wanting something more A/T.
They drive exactly like normal road tyres but are that extra bit capable in the s**t conditions.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Was going to say that I have a pair of Hankooks for sale but the size is well out.

Hankook S1 Evo 3 K127
285/45/R21 113Y

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
235/60 R18

It's only the family XC60 so doesn't exactly go off roading but we do live reasonably rural with some very poor country roads around.
I had a CRV for years and years and put 225/65R18 Toyo all-seasons on it just after I bought it in 2016, they still had >5mm of tread 6 years and 40,000 miles later. Laughed in the face of snow, ice and all sorts.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a Michelin shill, but we went with Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres for the L322, handles much better than the Scorpion Zeros that were on it (albeit the jump from worn tyres to brand new helps), I'm sure the Michelins would be worse off road, but it's only rarely needed to get through a flooded road or muddy side road.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Cross Climates might be what I go for.

Screenshot_20240108_094100_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240108_094100_Chrome.jpg

Normal or SUV though?

H and V rated shouldn't matter as I doubt its even capable of going 130+

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If your car is light enough for the non SUV's maybe go for them? Rated A for fuel consumption.

If the car is on the limit weight wise between either perhaps the SUV is better? even if you don't exceed the load rating maybe the SUV version will wear better? I really don't know how it works.

My car is on the SUV tyres and is 2tons. RX400h is predominantly FWD and the fronts lasted 35k miles, rears are still on there 40 later.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
If your car is light enough for the non SUV's maybe go for them? Rated A for fuel consumption.

If the car is on the limit weight wise between either perhaps the SUV is better? even if you don't exceed the load rating maybe the SUV version will wear better? I really don't know how it works.

My car is on the SUV tyres and is 2tons. RX400h is predominantly FWD and the fronts lasted 35k miles, rears are still on there 40 later.

It's our '14 plate XC60 so may just opt for SUV.

No idea on the power train split as its the AWD version 🤷‍♂️

I am no Mekanik.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cross Climate 2 SUVs fitted today, Will see how they fair in the cold and wet conditions were currently dealing with.