ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swap my civic type r for 197?

civic type r
hello.

thought i would sign up and see if you guys had some general advice for me on the clio 197

i am wanting to sell/px my civic type r for a clio 197

the main reason for this is that i need a car with group 15 or lower insurance and this seems to be the best car i can find!

i had my eyes on a 197 cup in white but after looking around i think i could want a liquid yellow f1 :D

the car has to have low miles and be 07 plate+ with recaro's :cool:

what would you go for if you were me and is there anything i should look out for?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/697897.htm

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the recaros tend to wear heavily on the sides. some argue there is a correlation between the drivers BMI and wear levels on the recaros. nothing has been proven yet.

the frames to the recaros can rust. also

Swift Sport
Its upto you really mate, but if you can afford a liquid yellow F1 thats what I'd go for for sure!!!

Great cars btw :)

civic type r
so... recaros are poo! arnt these the same seat as the corsa vxr and fiesta st185! surly they should be good seats.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yes they are, but they have a differnet material on them to the corsa vxr.

some have complained about issues of wear on them on the bolsters... with only a few k's on them. but tbh, it my come down to fatties being lazy getting in and out.

on the flipside, many have had no problems with them.

yeah the seats are very comfy. i liked them when i sat in them.

the recaros are brilliant, though can wear prematurely. Personally I love my 197 Cup and wouldnt have anything else in its place, other than maybe the new Megane R26R :D

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I love my Liquid Yellow F1 the looks you get from peole especially if you get the spoiler whacked on the back, the recaros are great they are comfy even on long jorneys. I can't say i've noticed any wear on them yet but mines only done 4k. I think i read some where you can get them re-covered under warrenty.

clio 182 cup
my friend has the 197 f1 and its georgous definetly nicer than the other similar cars at the moment ie the fiesta st or corsa vxr.
hes had the carbon look spoiler, splitter and skirts fitted and it looks awesome id be definetly px'in the type r

civic type r
I love my Liquid Yellow F1 the looks you get from peole especially if you get the spoiler whacked on the back, the recaros are great they are comfy even on long jorneys. I can't say i've noticed any wear on them yet but mines only done 4k. I think i read some where you can get them re-covered under warrenty.

this is what i want something like this with low miles!

thanks for the advice so far, tbh i think i will take either a cup or a f1 but in a perfect world this guy will swap me his lol

Swift Sport
There are plenty of options mate, so look around...

You can find regular 197's with the cup chassis and Recaros, you can even get them in white if you're very lucky!

civic type r
because the company i work for will insure me for free if i have a group 15 insurance or lower!!!!

save me about 2k lol

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
I had a CTR with a few cars before the 197, so sort of hard to compare directly. But performance the CTR is a bit better, but all other areas I preferred the 197. Its a much more modern car.

DCi
172 and 182's are all 16 (except the 182 trophy which is 17) and the 197's are all 15 according to parkers.

ST
the recaros tend to wear heavily on the sides. some argue there is a correlation between the drivers BMI and wear levels on the recaros. nothing has been proven yet.

the frames to the recaros can rust. also

Only if you're a fatty...mine are like new after a year..

ST
15E to be precise, not as cheap to insure as one might think

It suprises me that my Ph1 is a Grp 16

Suppose it is faster :star:

Mine was £650 for a year there mate...3 years NCB, G72 postcode, garaged, me main driver, mum second driver, 10k a year with privilage..

ST
15E to be precise, not as cheap to insure as one might think

It suprises me that my Ph1 is a Grp 16

Suppose it is faster :star:

Mine was £650 for a year there mate...3 years NCB, G72 postcode, garaged, me main driver, mum second driver, 10k a year with privilage..

hello.

thought i would sign up and see if you guys had some general advice for me on the clio 197

i am wanting to sell/px my civic type r for a clio 197

the main reason for this is that i need a car with group 15 or lower insurance and this seems to be the best car i can find!

i had my eyes on a 197 cup in white but after looking around i think i could want a liquid yellow f1 :D

the car has to have low miles and be 07 plate+ with recaro's :cool:

what would you go for if you were me and is there anything i should look out for?

I'd avoid the 197 altogether there shat...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yes they're shat... a bit like your gramatical skillz... moron tbh.

Alan, yeah i know what you are saying re the recaros, but you are a slender wee beast. a lot over on the RS forum are having issues. just something for the OP to realise incase he wieghs the same as a small elephant.

ST
I'd avoid the 197 altogether there shat...

Going on what??

I've owned a 182 and now have an R27...an all round better car..

yes they're shat... a bit like your gramatical skillz... moron tbh.

Alan, yeah i know what you are saying re the recaros, but you are a slender wee beast. a lot over on the RS forum are having issues. just something for the OP to realise incase he wieghs the same as a small elephant.

Knowsit seberino..

These 197 haters WILL come round at some point..

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'm looking for 1 after 45 mins hooning round Oulton Park in a 197 Cup.

182-racing-blue

Keep your civic and buy a set of 19's I have in my shed for next to nothing. Ive also got original springs and standard exhaust both taken off the car after 6k.

White clique
Going on what??

I've owned a 182 and now have an R27...an all round better car..

Knowsit seberino..

These 197 haters WILL come round at some point..

the 197 haters tend to be those that a) havent owned one, and b) can't afford one ;)

Wait until they are sub 6k - they'll all be sat in one as well going on about how cool they are.

Blatant sour grapes.

ST
the 197 haters tend to be those that a) havent owned one, and b) can't afford one ;)

Wait until they are sub 6k - they'll all be sat in one as well going on about how cool they are.

Blatant sour grapes.

Indeed...by then i'll be in a 335i or the likes lol..