ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swap or not to swap that is the question

My dad wants to swap his 1990 Porsche 944 S2 with a couple of minor tuning and styling toys for my Clio DCi, now benifits with boths cars but im split between the two............which one people???????

Get the porche. So what if it has VW parts in. Jaguars have mondeo parts in them.

At the end of the day its an old Porche so running costs will be higher and reliablity lower than your car.

Take it for a drive (I guess you have drivern it before) an think about this is it better than your car. If so swop with your Clio unless you do loads of miles or need a very reliable car. Dont not buy it because people say its a VW because at the end of the day its got a Porche badge on the front (bet they dont have one) and if you like it well who cars what they think there probably only gealous.

(Dont mean to get at you Tom Ive heard this its a VW comment before but at the end of the day I still am of the opinion its a Porche whcih is better than most Clios. If we didnt have opinions we wouldnt be human).

EDD

Coming to the VW comment, combine that with the Porka parts, meaning they are ultra reliable in the seven years he has owned it, it has never gone wrong and has only needed the routine services, maintenance etc. Got a quote for £1598 to insure it, not bad i thought for a RWD 220bhp car. I used to drive it alot, sometimes for a couple of months while he is away in Hong Kong it is great fun, but its the 20 or so mpg and its not as comfortable to drive! Stuff that i want his new car instead of his old one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 24 February 2004

Get the porche. So what if it has VW parts in. Jaguars have mondeo parts in them.

At the end of the day its an old Porche so running costs will be higher and reliablity lower than your car.

Take it for a drive (I guess you have drivern it before) an think about this is it better than your car. If so swop with your Clio unless you do loads of miles or need a very reliable car. Dont not buy it because people say its a VW because at the end of the day its got a Porche badge on the front (bet they dont have one) and if you like it well who cars what they think there probably only gealous.

(Dont mean to get at you Tom Ive heard this its a VW comment before but at the end of the day I still am of the opinion its a Porche whcih is better than most Clios. If we didnt have opinions we wouldnt be human).

EDD

Fair enough.