ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swapping climate control to pov spec.... HELP

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
hi all.

After an intense diet chopping out unneccesary wires etc the climate control in my car is no longer working.... this I'm guessing is because I've removed the temperature sensor on in the car as it wasn't required for my needs.

After my first wet trackday yesterday the car was an absolute shambles for visibility ... i couldn't see a thing.

Obviously it would be ideal to just have the Climate control panel working but im happy to go back to the pov spec setup.
I've already got the cup heaterbox installed in the car.... what else will i need? cup heater matrix? different loom? control panel?

Any advice would be great

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
From memory....

Different interior loom. I think I'd be trying to get the climate panel working again tbh. Even if it just did the fan controls.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
From memory....

Different interior loom. I think I'd be trying to get the climate panel working again tbh. Even if it just did the fan controls.
in all fairness john i only really need it on full hot on the windscreen... It'd be easy to remove the motors for adjusting the flow of air and setting it to perma windscreen...

Then i'd just need the 12V supply on a switch. any idea where to get wiring diagrams?? £25 for them off of ebay but surely someone has to have them on here

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Can't you just bridge the two terminals on the heater resistor to give you full fans? Could wire it through a switch so you could turn them on and off at least

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah right. Just get the plug for the airbox, from memory the feed wires are noticeably bigger, it'll be obvious then and yeah just wang a switch onto it.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Ah right. Just get the plug for the airbox, from memory the feed wires are noticeably bigger, it'll be obvious then and yeah just wang a switch onto it.
that makes a lot of sense actually about the feed wires. The airbox plugs into the existing loom no problem its just the control module that's being a goat.
I'll have a browse tonight and report back with my findings. :cool:

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
that makes a lot of sense actually about the feed wires. The airbox plugs into the existing loom no problem its just the control module that's being a goat.
I'll have a browse tonight and report back with my findings. :cool:

No thicker gauge wires going into the climate control panel John haha!
I might have a look into these fancy heater blower things mentioned above

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
After the summer I found the motor cog is bust and so would raise the temp but not lower it so I had to manually wind it to cold and not touch it again. I then decided that a manual Pov spec control set up with AC (yes i'm keeping the AC) is the way I want to go. From what I can read I need...

Cup heater box (assuming this is the gubbins behind the dash directing air)
manual control plate
cup loom (perhaps)

Has anyone ever done this over the years and confirm what is needed please?

I do like the caveman on/off switch but I would like hot and cold air as that's the reason for keeping AC for those hot trackdays