ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping for a civic type r?

320d
Having driven a 240 bhp TDI North tuned EP3 (decay manifold, cat back, K100 ECU and carbon airbox) half way to Le Mans and back I've got a good flavour of the EP3.

First up tuned they're fast - I sat with my mates mapped R26 away from a toll booth up to 130+ and got the legs on my other mates mapped 225 (just) in the same scenario. I also got pushed out of the way by an old Frenchman in a 307 derv in top gear at 80mph (bear in mind vtec is mapped at 3500 on this, god know what a standard one is like). They sound unreal!

The gearbox is absolutely next level. I was changing gear form changing gears sake. Combined with razor sharp throttle response I think I could teach my nan to double clutch downshift within half a mile.

The steering feel and handling did feel fairly robotic to me, I also didn't like the cabin, it felt like stepping back in time, even compared to a 182.

Overall standard v standard I'd have a Clio all the way, the Civic do respond so well to mods though but you're talking decent money to see them up over 230 where they come alive.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just taken an ep3 in part exchange and i lasted about 30 minutes before I put it back on the drive and took something else.
Don't see what all the fuss is about at all.