ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl-free washing

"Navy" N17 TWO
What do you reccomend using to wash a car that has already been clayed, PC'd and waxed - without inducing swirls in the paint?

Currently using

Megs NXT wash or CG extreme body wash
2 bucket/gritguard method
Megs lambswool mitt
Sponge for sills & skirts
Rinse

For Drying I'm currently using

Sonus der wunder towels and
miracle dryer towels from here
Sonus der wunder buffing towels for quick detailing

I also use Megs last touch as lubricant for the above

Still having a few marks come up after all the effort put in - any way I can prevent it further?

Cheers
T

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sounds fine.

I've got against the crowd on the whole washmit/sponge issue. I'm using a Zymol sponge and it's fantastic, After foaming the car and blasting it, there sod all grit left, For the underside of the skirt i'll just use an ordinary sponge...

106 GTi
Drying is where the swirls mostly come from, ditch the towels and get some filtered water.

Clio 172 FF Pearl Black
First time i washed the Clio with a sponge.LOL...OMG, swirl marks everywhere!! Now between regular SRP/EGP, i find a wash mit,microfibre cloth for drying and turtle wax,WAX IT WET, the results are great!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just on the subject of spot-free rinse -
does that Flash carwash thingy work well, or would it just eat the wax too?

106 GTi
Flash spot free rinse part should be fine, not sure how strong the shampoo part is.