ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl Marks

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
ok i have a car covered (and i mean covered in swirl marks), i just noticed lol after 9 months of ownership. whats the best way to remove them and how long will it take me? (remember they are all over the car, on every panel.)

and whats best for removing tar and embedded crap on the sides of my car.

Tbh if you dont have a PC and are looking to do it by hand for the amount of grief you'd be better paying someone on here to sort if for you. You might get them out with scratch x but it'll take you forever.

Porter Cable, a machine polisher with a random orbit. You could possibly get them all out by hand but like i say it'll knacker you unless you've got arms like popeye and bore you to tears in the process.

Black/Gold 182
pc = porter cable. They are an American brand (like Black & Decker say only better) and they make a random orbit polisher specifically for car detailing (but you have to get them imported). Search this forum for "PC" you'll find loads of info.

You'll never remove swirl marks by hand. If you look for posts by "Rich" you'll see his paintwork is unreal

Last edited:
  106 GTi
As said a machine polish is the only way to really remove the swirls. Working by hand you will be able to correct minor ones, and improve on the larger ones, but some will always beat you.

For the tar Autoglym Tar and Adhesive and some Meguiars Quik Clay for the bonded on bits should do the trick

Looks like a job for Brazo he's the closest buffer on here (wiltshire) probably about £75 (It's a days work and it will cost him in products too) for paint correction on a clio sized car but best to PM him.

Mito Sportiva 135
Have to say £75 is extremely reasonable for how much it will improve the car's looks and value, you will no doubt make money from doing it! Definitely would recommend.