ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SX Kit removal

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
Just wondering if the sx has got any glue behind the side skirts or wether it is just simply screwed on? Anyone know?

Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They will be bonded on I expect. Good luck getting that off!!

The front splitter is only screwed on, same with the rear, think its just a number of torx screws, but not sure about the side skirts sorry

Fiesta ST2
Shorty_IRL had them re-boned by Renault all 4 parts are bonded on his not sure if uk mainland is any different

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The front splitter is only screwed on, same with the rear, think its just a number of torx screws, but not sure about the side skirts sorry

Shorty_IRL had them re-boned by Renault all 4 parts are bonded on his not sure if uk mainland is any different

Reading these two quotes has got me thinking....

When I worked at renault, some of the kits were fitted at the dealers. Meaning some were screwed on. (Probably by the apprentice with wood screws and a hammer...)

Some came from factory with the kit already on and were bonded on.

So it could just depend on your particular car.

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
that shall do thanks for the help, i need to get a couple of bits sprayed andyway so might get the bodyshop to have a go and see what happens :)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Mines got self tapping screws in it. Its also bonded with double sided tape which shat itself twice. Its now been rebonded. Wonder how long this will last...

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Did you really take offence from that? LOL

The OP asked a question. You came on and said SX kit FTL. He didnt ask your opinion of the kit. Nor did I. If you cant help or have nothing to contribute to the thread apart from bullshit, then simply dont post.

White Sti Hatch
The OP asked a question. You came on and said SX kit FTL. He didnt ask your opinion of the kit. Nor did I. If you cant help or have nothing to contribute to the thread apart from bulls**t, then simply dont post.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bes this morning ! :sleepy: