ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Synology backup solution for small business?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, has anyone set up a backup from one synology nas to another over the internet?
My friend has a small business (around 6-8 office staff) and wants a backup/remote access solution setting up.
Having looked into it I've come to the conclusion that Synology NAS's are the way forward for ease of use and cost effectiveness. I can't see that I will have any issues getting the PC's set up locally for file access/sharing as well as making the files available over the internet.
But what I'm unsure of is how well/easy it is to set the office based NAS to backup to another identical one I'd set up for him at home for offsite backup?
Obviously I don't have them yet so am unable to have a play around with them and it'd also be an expensive exercise to get them only to find that they're a pain in the ass to set up and maintain a reliable backup.
Would I need to set up DDNS to make it work? Would it be easier/better to set the office one to backup to a cloud service such as Amazon S3 or Azure and do away with the one at his house?

Thanks