ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syron Street Race Semi Slicks - Review

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Hi all, thought I'd do a Review in here so everyone can have some knowledge on what they are like, especially as they're an unknown brand more or less. And I know some people stick with well known branded tyres, like myself, but bit the bullet and tried these.

So 225/45-17 Tyres. £266 for 4, Delivered from Germany!

I was a little skeptical about what to expect for the price, but then I checked, and they're actually £110 EACH in this county. I've just taken the AD08's off, so it's a comparison to them.

Online:

25b974457032f84d94694951f19670ac_zpsef17c19c.gif

Delivered

2ac7738e20db9dc9576c2f6abb6d5a48_zps6b51683d.jpg

First impressions were great! Very stiff sidewalls and great response through the steering wheel. Very quiet tyre on the road, unless its a certain road surface, like a track surface then if you'd like, anything that's very smooth, they're pretty loud, like an r888. But, most the road surfaces aren't like a track, so 9/10 they're quiet, same as a normal road tyre.

DRY DRIVING: Brilliant tyre! The tyres warm up much quicker than the AD08, so your getting the best grip out of them sooner, now what I'm guessing is, they're going to 'go off' sooner than the AD08 also, but that's going to take some doing, and for mostly road driving, your not going to see those kind of temperatures. I'm going on track next weekend, so then I'll see how they hold up. I'm currently running 32F and 30R for the pressures, the fronts are sitting flat to the road, but the outsides on the rear are slightly up off the road, so I'm going to drop the rear pressures to 28-29 and see how I get on.

WET DRIVING: what a surprise, a good tyre in the wet also! I'm guessing its down to the inside tread pattern, I think these tyres are better in the wet than the AD08's, seem to disperse the water much better, and the aqua planning isn't half as bad. Obviously I wouldn't recommend driving in a hurry on them in the wet on the road, but I think they'd do pretty well on track, and give enough confidence to push along.

a07f6971449dd17111192a968fd9da12_zps7be83a9c.jpg

Theres 6.5MM on these from new, so 1.5MM less than what the AD08's have.

All in All, I'm really impressed, especial from a tyre I've never heard of before. So it just goes to show it really is a mine field picking semi slicks, so many unknown makes seem to be around these days. So I have confidence now to go and try others.

Hope this is useful to others

Gez

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I've got another 2 sitting at home incase they fall apart on track lol. If they do, then I'll know they're just a good road tyre.

​will update you

Cup In bits
Look forward to the track results, I have an incline these are going to be a brilliant wet track tyre with the MPSC esque tread pattern. Don't think they have MSA 1a or 1b approval yet though.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Ohhhhh, and they are 'E' stamped. Had a few question them after seeing the side walls. They are legal. Just to clarify that

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
AD08's are a well known brilliant tyre. I was going to get them again too, but just fancied trying these for the price.

Id happily use an AD08 again.

Mine coming off:
d006bc70e02bed823964a0b7613de13a_zps85a33daa.gif

​had my use out of them! Lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did you find the ado8's got better with less tread? I used them on track yesterday and they were practically brand new.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Yes, much much better. They were amazing with ^that tread, with less movement and all that, was gutted to be taking them off.

But obvious reason, it was dire in anything more than damp with just that tread left, I've still got them to use on some track wheels when I get some

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great stuff. I was very happy with them yesterday and at times did feel them move around but never felt I was going to be intermit with a crash barrier lol.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Lol! Yeah, if your happy with them now, you'll enjoy them more and more as they wear. And don't be shy in keeping them on down to the markers either, that's when they're at their best in the dry weather.
Even with a hammering on my 200, they always wore evenly, outside walls are brilliant.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Nice write up! I had a feeling these tyres would be good.

I really loved my Nankang NS2R's on my clio and would happily buy them again over AD08s etc.

hi,
any more reports about thous tyres, im thinking buy them are they a good value for the money and the grip levels are any good ?

Clio cup 172
I've just put these on the front of my clio doing a trackday on 3rd of August so I'll let you guys know how well they do