ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

system and filter

I want to fit a magnex systm but only ever here of the, cat back, is that all they do? wolud it make any differance it i just fitted a back box?
Also piper x induction or filter element?

Williams 2, STi N12

Reckon the general concenses on here would be to get the full cat back system plus a de-cat pipe, with just a replacement filter element that is housed in the original air-box.

Ive got the Piper-x induction kit... Sounds like it could suck in birds... Ran two cold air feeds up.. keeps in pritty cool...

I just got a 3.5" twin magnex back box and it looks and sounds great - was £175 fitted at Elite - could of gone for the cat back but was twice the price.

They do a 6" x 4" oval pipe but i prefer the twin 3.5" - whatever floats ya boat.

Regards filters, would touch an induction kit, just replace the filter.

RB5er

did Elite make a good job of the fitting?

Dont you have to cut the original back box off?

I would be interested in getting a back box (more for looks and sound) but am dubious about the fitting of the replacement.

Renault Laguna Coupe

One of the advantages of the cat-back option is that there is no butchering required. The middle section and backbox are all in one piece on the 172 exhuast, so for a backbox-only theres gotta be some cutting.

Clio 1.8 16v

i have a piper x induction kit on mine and it sounds better than my mates who has a K&N think his melted once!!just got a mongoose full system on now and it sounds awesome i have a de-cat on mine and it gives me more power all through the rev range +it burbbles when i gear down and when i tap the accelertor over 4500 i can get loud bangs and small flames out of the exhaust cool hey?