ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Cut Metallic

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I assume this is just a polish?

Any reason why I couldn't apply it to restore some shine?

Once applied do I need to remove again?

no its t-cut, it removes some of the paint and should only be used on scrathes etc that cant be removed by just normal polishing! As your application, apply like wax, wait for it to go off - about 30secs, goes a whitish colour - and then buff off.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I thought it's just an abrasive polish?

Tha paint's in a bad way (1990 Toyota Corolla) - bought for the sum of £100.

I'm not going out to buy different stuff, I'm just wondering if T-cut would liven the paint up a bit.

Last edited:
Its a VERY abbrasive polish, perosnally onbly ever used it on scrathes etc. Decent polish would normally restore paintwork. Though tbf if it was only a £100 and you have some, then just go for it.

personally i'd either put your hand in your pocket to the tune of about £7 for something decent or leave it. you'll more than likely make it look a mess if you go at it with t cut.

Punto/Clio GTT
on a 1990, why not get one of the lads to pop round n pc it for ya? or take it to a bodyshop and get it mopped. even a good valet and polish on old cars can double their value and get them sold so much faster

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I don't plan on selling it for about a year.

It's my cheap runaround to work and back while I save for a decent car.

PCing could be an option, what do people charge?

EDIT: I may even buy a PC, how much do they cost?

Punto/Clio GTT
what kind of paint is it? and where do you live? bodyshop will charge 50-75 for a full mop, those who do pcs i dunno, pm brazo or rich

edit just saw metallic lol

106 GTi
As others have said its fairly abbrassive and is a bind to remove after, if you working by hand £6 quid and a tube of Megs Scratch x is a better option.

To buy a PC, pads, polish and transformer is around £150

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Final_Maxim said:
decent price for the ammount of time you put in really. get him round rip3z ya tight git

That'd be half what I paid for the thing! Lol

The interior of the car is absolute amazing condition, couple of spots of rust and uncared for paint work are the only problems with it.

The guy's mum had just died so he wanted rid.

Think I may get some scratch X.