ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T25 turbo

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello,

has anyone had any experience with a t25 turbo on a 172? trying to find the best turbo to use for 250ish power and just trying to get some sort of head's up on whats not to use and to use, also heard the gt2860 is a good choice but....

any information would be appreicated

jack

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
need more info. A T25 from a 200sx for example will runout of puff before 250bhp and more boost will just increase the intake temperatures. A GT28R (2856) is a good turbo, i'd choose one of these for about 250bhp at 1bar give or take. Seem them do 280bhp on a clio at roughly 1.2bar. A GT28RS (2860) is a cracking turbo. I've used these a lot in the past and I really like their balance of not too much lag and not suffering from boost drop off at higher revs. I have one that I'm considering fitting to a clio for myself currently

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
i have seen the t25 from a saab900 but then i see them off a rs focus mk 1 so i am guessing that the focus one would produce more power? even though they are the "same" turbo? and well i am trying not to buy brand new ( call me a tight ass) but i am experimenting so, any idea what car ( if any) has a gt28 on it?

thanks for reply

jack

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
i have seen the t25 from a saab900 but then i see them off a rs focus mk 1 so i am guessing that the focus one would produce more power? even though they are the "same" turbo? and well i am trying not to buy brand new ( call me a tight ass) but i am experimenting so, any idea what car ( if any) has a gt28 on it?

thanks for reply

jack

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well Saab's used loads of different turbos. I made a Mitsubishi TE05-12B from a Saab 9000 fit a 200sx once.

You're going to have to search ebay and do lots of reading. New is the way to go really

182 cup
A t28 from the later 200sxs ie s14/14a can produce around 250hp at a bar and the right
Map just a thought coz they r cheap turbos if it ever goes wrong lol

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I have a gt28r covered 16k it's from a ktec turbo conversion, so has the fabricated bracket to mount the actuator on so it doesn't foul the firewall, will run upto 280+.